Finance Analyst - 12 Month Fixed Term
This is a 12-month Fixed Term Appointment.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers. Our digital programme is multi-award winning and the envy of other government organisations.
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation, and this is an exciting time to join an organisation that probably doesn’t work how you’d invent a government organisation would!
This role is in a customer group called CDIO (Chief Digital Information office) and you will sit at the heart of CDIO’s transformation within the Finance Delivery Group.
As an Analyst you will have a key role in the Finance Business Intelligence Team (FBIT). FBIT was formed in April 2019 to consolidate all CDIO transactional finance activities into one cohesive team, creating a centre of perfection, driving standardisation that demonstrates good performance practice.
The team, what do we do?
- Standardisation and improvement of processes, driving out inefficiencies and increasing data quality
- Demonstrate best practice and technology
- Working in partnership with Finance Business Partner’s and Compliance and Governance
- Centres of perfection with the right people capability ensuring continuity of outputs
The team plays a crucial role in ensuring the robustness of the management information that supports financial reporting to CDIO customer groups, Enterprise business and technology services, and Major Programmes.
This is a meaningful, sophisticated and a multifaceted role, facing demands from key HMRC Colleagues and partners, meaning you will be expected to partner with various people across the organisation. You will need the strong analytical, planning, and personal leadership skills required to take advantage of this development opportunity.
The role does deliver value for money and efficiency by delivering consistent and accurate financial and performance information to assist and advise on decision making.
Reporting to a Senior Analyst you will maintain the robustness and timely provision of management information across CDIO that supports key reporting: either financial, performance, work force planning, or fixed assets.
- We will need the candidate to improve on business decision-making. Support the business with development of costing models that enable accurate charging of services, completeness, valuation, and cut-off of all actual spend, budgets and forecast. Also, adherence to all month end reporting and processing timetables and quality standard
- Analysis and Problem solving - Involvement in the production of variance analysis and all other submissions relating to your area of responsibility
- Act as a financial mentor to the Business - Ensure Senior Business Managers and Budget Holders are engaged with the finance function
- You will Improve on Finance decision making - Work collaboratively and proactively with the business and key partners to drive performance and continuous improvement.
- We will need you to support the Spending Review period and annual budgeting processes
- You will support and co-ordinate delivery of Finance services to the Directorate
- We want the ideal person to support our wider team and Budget Managers within the business areas to provide professional, evidence-based reporting and control for specific aspects of financial management and supporting processes
- We will need the ideal candidate to provide support to Business Managers on aspects of financial management, performance, value for money, investment and risk with the help of your Line Manager and wider team
- Ensure that recognised control procedures and practices are maintained
- Provide ad hoc financial support across CDIO Finance Teams as the need arises
You may also be involved in:
- Line Management or Task Management of others on the team.
- Reviewing and analysing business cases to ensure that costs and benefits are robust and demonstrate value for money in line with Departmental objectives.
- We need you to support with budget managers ensuring monthly forecasting and rolling 5-year forecasts are produced.
- Maintenance and control of ERP (accounting system) data, producing accurate, relevant and timely management reporting.
- We need someone to own the developing of performance reporting to support performance hubs and performance to the HMRC ExCom hub.
- Providing an advisory and support role to key colleagues and partners within the portfolio to assist with budget profiling, planning, and performance reporting.
- Procurement activities for CDIO Finance, such as raising Purchase Orders, receipting invoices etc.
- Consolidation of management information and reporting for Corporate Finance returns.
- Someone who is familiar with workforce planning and associated activities such as PSCRs, IR35.
- Financial control activities e.g. assurance of assets.
- Previous professional experience of working in a finance function/environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationship partners and colleagues
- Strong analytical skills
- Shown competence in Excel
No Agencies Please. Please follow the link to the application to apply.
Please read through on how to apply successfully before applications close on 20th May 11:55pm