Job Title: Compliance AnalystSummary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Compliance Analyst manages a variety of duties related to the administration of the Housing Choice Voucher Program. These include (but are not limited to): client interviews, reviewing denied applicant files and determinations of eligibility, and reviewing participants' compliance or violations of Family Obligations, criminal and sexual offender offenses and all other Participant violations, preparing and presenting administrative hearing case files, and reporting terminations and denials on a periodic basis to Manager of Compliance.
Education / Experience
- Monitor and manage Proposed Termination caseload ensuring that clients meet and comply with program eligibility and participation requirements.
- Investigate reports of program fraud and abuse, reviews recommended actions, conducts additional research as needed and finalizes proposed program termination actions. Prepares and presents evidence-based cases and procures supporting documentation to substantiate grounds for terminations.
- Communicate directly with Attorneys, clients, witnesses, government agencies, third-parties and/or Landlords as needed to conduct interviews; collect paperwork; conduct termination hearings; and resolves issues, complaints or problems.
- Conduct administrative Informal Hearings for tenant repayment agreements, violations of HCVP Family Obligation, reasonable accommodations denials, Zero HAP calculations and tenant rent portion increase calculations.
- Prepare summary analysis and file review report in preparation for Legal Counsel review and use in litigation and hearings. Attends court hearings as Subject Matter Expert/Witness to Housing Services processes as required.
- Provides compliance expertise to all departments for all program violations and eligibility matters.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, public policy or similar field
- 4+ years’ experience with public housing or similar programs
- Hearing Officer Workshop Specialist
- Knowledge of Housing Choice Voucher Program Guidelines, HUD Code of Federal Regulations and applicable state and local laws
- Understanding of the Tenant Repayment Agreement process and procedures including intake, tracking of payment status
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence, interview and negotiate to forge positive relationships with clients, co-workers and colleagues.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, documents, information and publications.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking to solve problems.
- Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining high quality service standards and accuracy.
Works in an office environment. May require frequent bending, stooping, reaching and prolonged sitting. May require regular lifting usually not exceeding 20 lbs.
Talantage, LLC is committed to presenting candidates that contribute to an organization’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our recruitment practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Powered by JazzHR