Requisition ID: 90065
Job Category: Consulting
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking to take the next step in your career and work with leading experts across various sectors? Join our Advisory team today! Hatch, a full-service consultancy, is currently seeking a highly motivated Business Analyst to join the Advisory group in Brooklyn, NY, reporting to the Regional Director, North America.
Who We Are
The Hatch Advisory practice provides management consulting services while leveraging Hatch's engineering backbone to deliver sustainable value to our clients in meeting their business, financial, and operational objectives. We have a diverse portfolio of projects that bridge the entire value chain, from transactions support, through business transformation, to operational effectiveness. Our interdisciplinary teams work closely with the clients to develop tailor-made solutions that solve the world's toughest challenges.
If you are interested in working with leading experts across various sectors? Join our Advisory team today!
What You'll Do
As a Senior Advisory Analyst, you will make an important contribution to the strategy, design, and implementation of business decisions to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. You will be a strong communicator, hardworking, team-oriented, curious, creative, insightful, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with imperfect or limited information. Flexibility, open-mindedness, and the ability to generate solutions for ambiguous problems are critical to success in this role. The goal is to identify, unlock, and materialize value for our clients.
* Lead analytical process (Research, review and analysis of data) for complex workstreams, finding solutions to barriers
* Deliver on-time, high quality deliverables that consistently exceed client expectations
* Contribute to proposal development process for full engagement
* Have strong sense of ownership for your work and the overall project
* Effectively lead & coach junior analysts through the analytical process, including excel models and other outputs, clearly articulating objectives and requirements when delegating work.
* Create highly effective storylines & slides, at high proficiency, speed and independence (tailored for the audience & situation).
* Identify opportunities to market our work and support content creation.
* Support Engagement Managers, workstream managers and SMEs, communicating seamlessly with team members.
* Manage workstream budgets
* Communicate effectively with the client, building effective relationships
* Be a champion of inclusion and diversity
What You Bring to The Role
* An undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering or Economics or relevant business course work is preferred
* 2 to 4 years of experience relevant to the role
* Experience working with projects in mining & metals, energy, or infrastructure is preferred.
* Proven experience in using research and analysis tools
* Collaborate and actively contribute as an effective member of a team
* Strong data analytics skills, including experience with business requirements gathering, analysis and ability to translate business requirements into technical process solutions
* Ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to a broad range of project types and responsibilities
* Financial modeling experience is considered a strong asset
Why join us?
* Work with great people to make a difference
* Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
* Top employer
What we offer you?
* Flexible work environment
* Long term career development
* Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Compensation range depends on education, major, experience (overall), and interview skills. For ideal candidates, the compensation range can be $75,000-115,000. Please feel free to contact us for information on additional compensation and programs.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Management Consulting, Financial, Consulting, Business Analyst, Energy, Management, Finance, Technology