Salary: GBP50,000 - GBP60,000 plus excellent benefits pakegae!
Scania GB are looking for someone who is an excellent problem solver to fill the position of Data Engineer. The purpose of this role is to design and develop the Data Warehouse, designing and building data integrations and identifying and integrating new sources of data into the Data Warehouse as required by the business. You will also work as part of the wider BI team to advise on the best technical approach to deliver what the business is asking for.
- Manage and develop the Data Warehouse environment
- Champion technical direction and lead others on the journey of delivering on it
- Development of well-structured modular systems which utilise efficient code that follows our in-house coding standards
- Effective and meaningful documentation of systems to ensure ease of support and modification in the future
- Provision of timely and effective support to existing systems and solutions
- Excellent collaboration with colleagues and internal customers, to ensure that development sprint targets are met and that customer expectations are met
- Collaboration with product experts within ICT and other areas of the business to ensure that a unified approach to data integration is adopted and that project dependencies are identified and managed appropriately
MEET THE MANAGER!Manos is the Head of IT Development and is looking for someone who is analytical and inquisitive who also has experience working in a data team or a background in data engineering. The role requires you to stay calm in a high-pressure environment and to 'think on your feet'. Quote from the manager "Scania is a fun company to work for who supports development within their departments. I am passionate about the journey Scania are taking to gain success through digitalisation".
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It's about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes and discounts on major retail outlets including groceries.
At Scania we invest considerably in colleague development, and you can expect to receive comprehensive training and career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
We have a strong and supportive culture, where each individual is seen, respected and has the potential to contribute. We trust each other to act and make decisions, and we believe in a more flexible future workplace based on individual needs. For us, diversity and inclusion is a strategic necessity. By having colleagues with the widest possible range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, and experiences, we ensure we have the right people and together with an inclusive corporate culture, this drives our business forward. We want our colleagues to feel proud and happy to work for us, no matter where they are from or who they are, and we strive to achieve an inclusive and family-friendly environment for everyone.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, RESPONSIBILITY and TEAM SPIRIT in all we do.