More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
Our Economic Consulting practice provides specialist economic analysis to corporates, economic regulators, public sector and their legal advisors. We provide regulatory and competition economics advice and economic expert witness services across all major economic segments including energy and utilities, financial services, digital, consumer, telecommunications and transport.
Frequently working alongside colleagues from across Grant Thornton, we advise on high profile issues at the forefront of economic thinking. Examples of our matters include:
- Economic tests to assess whether a group of companies have engaged in a cartel and the damages that arose from the overcharge.
- Advising a financial institution to respond to an investigation into potential mis-selling.
- Support to a global telecommunications operator to reshape their regulatory framework.
- Estimating the return on investment to a consumer business from undertaking ESG activities.
- The use of events studies and regression analysis to estimate shareholder losses in a securities litigation matter.
- Assessing the economic impact of government investments.
- Advising an economic regulator on the structure of its proposed price control.
- Assessing the competition impact of a proposed government subsidy to aid net zero.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
The job advertisement requests that you submit your CV and a covering letter, setting out why this roles interests to you, as part of the application process.
A look into the role.
As an Analyst within our Economic Consulting team, you will:
- Support with economic analysis, research and reporting writing
- Support with designing economic, statistical and econometric analyses capable of addresses client needs
- Support with the identification of data requirements
- Support on the development of presentations and delivery of presentations to clients
- Work alongside colleagues on thought leadership and business development
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as a Economic Consulting Analyst, the minimum criteria you’ll need is an MSc in Economics. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Excellent written and oral verbal communication skills
- Experience in using Microsoft Office
- Experience in STATA and potentially other econometric programmes and languages e.g. R or Python
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.