More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Data Analytics & Engineering Senior Manager
Open to any GTUK location, hybrid/home working available
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
Grant Thornton UK's Digital Hub is a thriving centre of digital innovation, empowering teams and clients with transformative solutions. In just 10 months, we’ve achieved a remarkable portfolio of work exceeding £3 million. We are now seeking ambitious individuals to join and expand on our impactful digital journey. Take the next step and be part of a trailblazing team scaling quickly, whilst having some fun along the way.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As a Senior Manager, Data Analytics and Engineering within our Digital Hub team, you will:
- Designing, building, testing and deploying pipelines and analytics solutions for our clients
- Lead technical authority for Data Analytics and Data Engineering.
- Support the Director, Digital Hub and the Digital Transformation Partner by promoting analytics to our clients across our firm and managing a team to deliver solutions as the lead client facing consultant.
- Manage a team to deliver solutions as the lead client facing consultant.
- Set and follow timelines, development standards, quality processes and perform senior technical reviews on deliverables.
- Define and implement project management methodologies and best practices.
- Collaborate with clients and stakeholders to gather requirements and define project scope.
- Allocate resources and manage project timelines and budgets effectively.
- Monitor project progress and ensure delivery milestones are met.
- Manage and mitigate project risks and issues.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within the digital delivery team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with technology partners and vendors.
- Own and execute delivery team development plans.
- Hold the Day-to-Day responsibility for and embed the DWPM (Data Work Package Methodology) delivery framework into the Grant Thornton organisation.
- Deputise for the Head of Digital Delivery at Grant Thornton UK
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as a Senior Manager, Data Analytics and Engineering, the minimum criteria you’ll need is:
- Experience in Managing Digital Delivery Teams within a client facing setting
- Experience in software development and implementation
- Gained proficiency in relevant programming languages - SQL, Python, R
- Expert knowledge of Azure DevOps
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant STEM subject
- Expert level knowledge Visualisation tools and Visual Programming solutions, with vendor certifications (preference. Microsoft and Alteryx)
- Experience of cloud analytics solutions (Azure and GCP or AWS), Big Data Solutions (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig etc), data bases (Netezza, BigQuary, Teradata, Redshift, Snowflake)
- Knowledge of best practices in development and coding standards, and CRISP-DM
- Practical experience of automation tools such as Celonis and Alteryx
- Practical experience of OpenAI solutions
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.