As a Senior Credit Risk Analyst in our MI & Insight team you’ll be a key member of our team, leveraging your Credit Risk expertise to help YBS deliver its objectives. You will get the chance to be involved in a range of interesting projects and initiatives.
About the role
Working in the MI and Insight team within Credit Risk, a Senior Credit Risk Analyst has exposure to the entire credit lifecycle of mortgages. This role supports the management of Credit Risk by conducting data extraction and analysis to design, develop and produce accurate and insightful management information that monitors the performance and characteristics of the Society’s lending and informs senior management decision-making. Some of the daily responsibilities are:
- Produce timely and accurate Credit Risk management information, communicating any trends or concerns to management and decision-making forums/committees both written and verbally.
- Utilise best practice data manipulation and analytical techniques to perform analysis of the Society’s Credit Risk Retail and Commercial portfolios.
- Ownership of MI projects, developing new MI to enable strategic decision-making ensuring requirements are met and analysis is accurate.
- Report into the MI & Insight Credit Risk Manager and provide coaching and support to Credit Risk Analysts within the team.
- Experience working as a Credit Risk Analyst (or similar) analytical based role
- Expert data manipulation skills using SAS (or similar statistical packages), SQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Have a good understanding of the credit risk lifecycle for retail and/or commercial mortgage market and leverage that understanding to add value to all analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify trends or areas of concern within data.
- Continuous improvement mindset and always looking for ways we can improve our processes.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to present findings and influence at a senior level.
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
- Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
- Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
- Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
- Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
- My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.
Please note, this vacancy may close earlier than the date advertised