The Information Governance and Compliance Team is responsible for ensuring the SRA's compliance with the requirements of the data protection legislation, as well as helping to ensure that the business follows good records and information management practice.
The team handles data protection requests and queries as well as requests under the SRA's Transparency Code (Freedom of Information Act) and manages information security incidents.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to help us deliver some key projects over the period, contributing to a data collection, storage and analysis strategy designed to give us greater insight into the area we regulate. You will be engaging with key stakeholders across the business to identify opportunities for improvement and mature our records management approach.
As a Senior Records and Information Officer you will promote best practice in records management and information compliance across the organisation. You will act as a key contact for records management including retention policies and will reinforce retention and other projects ensuring records management principles are applied in line with our policies and best practice.
You will work with colleagues to ensure effective records management, advise on retention and disposal of information and archive management including periodic review of planned archiving against retention schedules.
You will assist with the development and delivery of awareness sessions and drafting policies, guidance and communication posts to ensure colleagues are aware of their accountabilities under relevant legislation, policies, and best practice.
You will also support the team in case management ensuring compliance with the requirements of the data protection legislation. You will assist with processing data protection requests and queries and handling requests under the SRA's Transparency Code (Freedom of Information Act).
This is an important role in the information governance and compliance team that helps ensure that the people, systems and processes associated with a wide range of activities are conducted in line with strategic objectives, policies and best practice.
This is an exciting role that will suit an individual who has good attention to detail, good time and workload management, good communication skills, and the ability to assess and prioritise competing demands on their time.
What's in it for you
- Gain exposure of working across governance and compliance functions
- Be part of a small and supportive team
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organisation
- Be subject matter expert promoting records management best practice
- Work pattern that is agreed between you and SRA (between 21-35 hours per week. Monday - Friday)
- Additional 3% of annual basic salary for you to choose the benefits that best suit your lifestyle and personal situation
- Pension - We will contribute 1½ - 2 times your contribution, up to 12.25%. So, if you contribute 7%, you will enjoy the maximum combined contribution of 19.25%
- Hybrid working.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working in a Records and Information Management environment
- Experience of working on retention and other projects implementing effective record management solutions
- Knowledge of Data Protection legislation and information compliance including records management good practice and information security
- Experience of working on retention projects implementing effective record management solutions
- Excellent personal and organisational skills, and a customer orientated approach
- Analytical, accurate and efficient data handling skills, with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good level of IT skills knowledge and experience of using Microsoft O365 applications including SharePoint and Teams
Useful and additional information
- Interviews will be week commencing 11 December and will be conducted virtually
- Typically, you will be working from home 3 days per week and working from The Cube in Birmingham 2 days per week
- If you have any questions that aren't answered in the advert, or on our website, please contact us via:
- To find out more about the recruitment and selection process and how to make the most of your application, please visit our jobs pages.
Please click 'apply' and submit a CV and covering letter. Please ensure that both documents clearly demonstrate how you meet the knowledge, skills, and experience requirements of the role.
Closing date: 6 December 2023 at 23:55