About UK Infrastructure Bank
We are the new, government-owned policy bank - launched in June 2021 - providing £22bn of infrastructure finance and partnering with the private sector and local government to finance a green industrial revolution and drive growth across the United Kingdom.
We are looking for skilled and results oriented individuals who are motivated to help us build the UKIB into an industry-leading institution.
The Data Governance Analyst is responsible for supporting the delivery of data governance, data management, and data protection practices.
Core role accountabilities:
- Support the business to understand the Data Governance policy and their responsibilities to it, to promote best practice and ensure compliance.
- Engage with a range of stakeholders to improve data governance and quality, ensuring Data Owners & Stewards are adequately supported and trained in their roles.
- Maintain the Information Asset Register, ensuring it contains a complete & accurate view of data usage across UKIB.
- Support the management of data issues including collaboration with stakeholders to ensure effective and successful resolutions
- Report on data issues, risk, and performance to the Data Governance Lead.
- Ensure new and existing data assets, products and services adhere to the Data Governance Framework, relevant policies, standards and controls.
- Actively drive engagement and awareness of data governance across the business.
- Facilitating Data Protection Impact Assessments, providing analysis to support decision making on appropriate data usage.
- Implement controls within a Microsoft architecture for unstructured data (documents, SharePoint sites etc)
- Build & maintain data quality dashboards to enable data exploitation across UKIB
- Prepare and load reference data into core systems, to determine workflow and reporting
Knowledge, Skill and Experience requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of data management, data governance and data quality concepts.
- Experience using Data Governance tools within a Microsoft Architecture (e.g. Fabric, Purview, Power BI and Excel).
- Experience and knowledge of documentation of data assets and data lineage
- Knowledge and experience of information lifecycle management
- Experience in Fintech or Banking
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with a variety of technical and non-technical business stakeholders.
- Excellent organisation and time management, including working to deadlines with multiple deliverables.
- Proven experience in similar data governance roles
- Familiarity with data governance best practice e.g. DAMA
A career with us offers a unique opportunity to make a lasting impact and work on cutting-edge technologies that will drive the UK’s future. We value diversity in our people and inclusion is at the heart of what we do.
We offer competitive benefits and unique learning opportunities from combining both private and public sector skills and experience.