Job title: Senior Data Engineer
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: 44-48k dependant on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Translate business requirements and rules into technical design specifications
- Support the development/deployment of MDM (Master Data Management) solutions and other data service into the business, using an ITIL framework
- Work with multidimensional and relational data sets to create conformed data models, presenting an information service layer over multiple business data sources
- Support the development and enforcement of data governance policies and data quality rules across multiple MDM services
- Assisting in the integration and maintenance of MDM governance across customer communities.
- Record and monitor development activities in a change management database
- Investigate and respond to incidents in a timely and responsive manner ensuring service level agreements are achieved, whilst maintaining consistent communications with the customer base
- Create user guides and standard operating procedures to support the business in the use of MDM and other Data Services solutions
- Support the MDM Team Leader in developing the skills of the MDM Development Team. This will involve providing support/advice to junior colleagues as required
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of working with customers on Data projects to understand their requirements
- Experience of communicating complex technical processes to customers in an understandable way
- Experience of building data services including aspects of creating design specifications, data modelling/conditioning/integration, improving data quality, data governance, testing and deployment/support
- Recent experience of working with SQL, writing queries using multiple tables, and interpreting results
- Experience of working with MDM tools (Semarchy, TIBCO EBX, Informatica), using datasets from multiple business domains
- Experience working with ETL tools such as SSIS
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The MDM Development Team:
The MDM team is a rapidly expanding team whose aim is to work with all areas of the business to embed MDM within the way BAE Systems operates. Working within the team provides challenging but rewarding work with opportunity for career development & learning new skills. As a team we interact with stakeholders from all areas of the organisation, delivering services that will support BAE Systems in moving towards its goals. We value integrity & communication skills as foundations for the technical skills which are key to the development of our product line.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 29th November 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.