East Midlands (England), East of England, London (region), North East England, North West England, Scotland, South East England, South West England, Wales, West Midlands (England), Yorkshire and the Humber (with regular travel to other HSE offices, on-site visits and occasional overnight stays)
The Health and Safety Executive is Britain’s national regulator for workplace health and safety. We’re dedicated to protecting people and places, ensuring everyone can lead safer and healthier lives at work.
The new Building Safety Regulator (BSR) sits within HSE and is responsible for implementing a new regulatory regime and strategy for higher-risk residential buildings in England. The BSR oversees the safety and performance of the wider built environment, driving cultural change and increasing the competence of the building control profession.
We are now looking for five Data Analysts to join our Operational Excellence Team within the BSR on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £32,802 - £36,625 (BSR Band 4/HEO) per annum
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays and Civil Service privilege leave
- Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
- Flexible working options
- Family-friendly policies and working hours
- Competitive parental leave benefits
- Carer-friendly policies to help create a supportive working culture
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- Excess Fares Allowance
This is an exceptional opportunity for a data-focused professional with experience of working with large and complex data sets, managing data quality and using data analytics techniques to step into a vital role with our essential organisation.
You’ll have the chance to be the driving force behind shaping a new culture of building safety and protecting future generations for years to come!
What’s more, you’ll discover a whole host of fantastic benefits to support every aspect of your personal and professional wellbeing, from flexible working policies to a range of tailored learning and development opportunities
As a Data Analyst, you will support BRS operations to deliver the highest possible standards of quality and performance through various data analyses activities.
Joining our Operational Excellence team, you’ll identify and manage risk, ensuring barriers to delivery are promptly removed, goals are met and cost recovery is effectively tracked and managed.
You’ll support the implementation of the HSE Risk Management Framework, undertaking analysis to identify the degree of risk and suggesting appropriate mitigation options.
Additionally, you will:
- Update and analyse BSR Operational Risk logs
- Report on operational efficiency and effectiveness against modelled assumptions and KPIs
- Engage with stakeholders
- Produce performance reports
- Ensure data is managed in a clear, consistent and standardised format
To be considered as a Data Analyst, you will need:
- Experience of working with large and complex data sets
- Experience of managing data quality
- Knowledge and experience of using a range of data analytics techniques and the fundamentals of data structures, database system design, implementation and maintenance
- The ability to analyse and interpret data from a wide variety of sources
- The ability to use data to provide insight
- The ability to use data visualisation to present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner
- Knowledge of research principles and statistical techniques/methods
- Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to merge, analyse and consolidate data using pivot tables, functions and charts
The closing date for this role is 5.00 pm on 30th November 2023
Other organisations may call this role Data Insight Analyst, BI Analyst, Business Information Analyst, Risk Analyst, Insight Analyst, Analyst, MI Analyst, or Management Information Analyst.
Webrecruit and Health and Safety Executive are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to seize the chance to make a meaningful impact on building safety as a Data Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.