Senior Permissioning Internal Regulator
We have an AWEsome opportunity for a Senior Permissioning Internal Regulator to join us at the AWE.
This is an exciting time to join us as a Senior Permissioning Internal Regulator as we begin a once in a generation programme of work in support of the United Kingdom's Continuous at Sea Deterrent.
We are located in the countryside between Reading and Basingstoke with onsite parking. There are good bus links between Reading, Basingstoke and Newbury.
Salary starts at £41,840, however, If you can dazzle us with an AWEsome array of risk assessment experience along with an independent mindset and great influencing skills, we are very happy to negotiate upwards in our quest for the perfect candidate.
We are looking for an inquisitive independent thinker to join the Internal Regulation team in providing challenge to the business and advice to stakeholders on the Company's Environmental, Security, Safety, Health and Quality performance. You will need to be able influence the business, at all levels, in its drive for continual improvement specifically in Permissioning.
A typical day for a Senior Permissioning Internal Regulator could look like this:
- Interacting with varying levels of AWE staff including facility teams, project teams and Nuclear Licence Condition Owners to understand the current situation and future plans
- Providing information to allow an independent assessment on the performance of the business
- Gaining agreement to findings and follow-up of issues and actions in collaboration with stakeholders
- Providing appropriate levels of oversight in key areas of the business
- Reviewing change submission documentation and plans
- Providing assurance to the business that changes have been suitably managed and implemented
- Holding business areas to account against agreed hold points
We need you to have experience of:
- Working or regulating within a nuclear or other highly regulated environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills capable of influencing customers, stakeholders, and others in the team
- An organised approach
- Ability to adapt quickly to both reactive and routine requests
- Excellent reporting, writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment Methodologies
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of working to agreed key hold points
- Member of IOSH/IEMA/SRP or applicable institution (Preferred)
AWE is one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK. As part of our "People Promise", we have a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- Death in service benefit
You can find out more about our benefits HERE
To apply, we will want to see a CV which clearly demonstrates that you are the person we are looking for, so make sure that your CV reflects what we are looking for in the description below. Give some thought to your application summary and covering letter, we are keen to hear why you want to work with us and what you can offer within this role.
You must be willing and able to obtain and maintain Security/ Developed Vetting Clearance (funded by the AWE) in order to start with us in this role. It can take several months for clearance to come through.
This job role is suitable for hybrid working, which is an informal, non-contractual and voluntary arrangement, blending a balance of attendance in the workplace (your permanent duty station) and working from home as a personal choice. If you are successful, any opportunities for hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post. Attendance on site is required frequently.
The successful candidate is required to carry out all their duties from a UK location and cannot do so from an overseas location at any time.
Important things you need to know:
- Interviews will be scheduled during working hours
- Interviews will be 90 minutes here at our Aldermaston site and will include a ten minute presentation
If we receive an exceptionally high level of applications, this vacancy will close. So don't procrastinate, brush up your CV and APPLY now!
Please feel free to reach out for more information via:
Sunflower (Sunny) Montague | LinkedIn
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom