2 days left
- Full Time
Saturday 23 September 2023
£61,641 - £68,490
Agile Working Options
SALARY : £61,641- £68,490
LOCATION(S): Bristol and/or Manchester
HOURS: Full-time (35 hours)
WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Join our team within Data & Machine Learning (D&ML) and be a key member in optimising our cloud finances and shaping how we monitor our spending!
As a FinOps Analyst, you’ll be responsible for the coordination and oversight of Public Cloud finances for the Analytics Platform. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day detection of key areas of waste, optimisation, utilisation rates, etc., advising the consumer teams on best approach and providing visibility of their cloud usage, so they are empowered to optimise their workloads and make business decisions and trade-offs between speed, cost, and quality.
Successful FinOps is based on strong collaboration, and in this role, you'll establish positive relationships with the consumer teams, Group Finance and the central Cloud Services FinOps team, to drive best ways of working.
- Driving an increase in consumers’ ability to forecast their cloud spend accurately
- Providing overviews of how much consumers are spending on data insight in order to help consumers track and lead on financial commitments / budgets
- Ensuring MI is available to enable consumers to have accountability for their financial performance and to help identify waste, utilisation, potential areas of optimisation
- Develop and oversight the consistent use of labelling / tagging to support cloud cost allocation
- Implementation and management of an ongoing re-charge model that ensures cloud costs are accounted for and allocated in line with the Group’s cost accounting policies.
- Ensure sufficient monitoring and alerting is in place to quickly stop unintended spend
We’re on an exciting journey and there couldn’t be a better time to join us. The investments we’re making in our people, data, and technology are leading to innovative projects, fresh possibilities, and countless new ways for our people to work, learn, and thrive.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
To be considered for this position, you will need to demonstrate the below as a minimum:
- Hands-on experience of Cloud Cost reporting
- A working knowledge of cost visualisation tools (e.g. Cloudability) and the Google Cloud Pricing Calculator (GCP Calculator)
- Previous experience with cloud costing models, forecasting etc. and of working within a consumption-based cloud platform environment
- Excellent rack-record of building strong relationships with diverse and senior stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, with a working ability to communicate complex subjects and set of data, simply to enable decision making
And any experience of these would be really useful
- A formal financial certification / qualification such as FinOps Certified Practitioner
- Experience of cross charging internal businesses
ABOUT WORKING FOR US
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
If you’re excited by the thought of becoming part of our team, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.