Senior Technical Assurance Analyst (Data)
Job Title: Senior Technical Assurance Analyst (Data)
Location: Preston or Farnborough/Portsmouth - (Hybrid Model) - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa. £49,000
What you'll be doing:
- Reviewing and approving the technical design of new Warehouse elements, ensuring that these designs align to best practice and company strategy
- Reviewing and approving the technical design of new data ingestion & other data services designs, ensuring that these designs align to best practice and company strategy
- Ensuring that developers build in line with the approved technical design, and playing a part in pre-deployment checks
- Being able to advise developers on application of best practice against specific project requirements
- Reviewing technical documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Training peers and juniors - bringing the best practice to life and making it meaningful for them
- Engaging with developers to align existing solutions to best practice without compromising ongoing delivery
Your skills and experiences:
- You will be able to demonstrate a mature understanding of best practice in a Data Warehouse & robust data integration techniques
- You can demonstrate that you have experience in influencing developers where technical designs are suboptimal
- Prior Data Warehouse experience to be able to understand relative risk levels, with a keen desire to adopt low risk technical solutions
- You will have a proven track record in working with a wide variety of business datasets
- Familiarity with other toolsets such as Alteryx & Tableau to allow integration with analysis and visualisation layers and to support cross-skilling within team
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Assurance team:
This role supports our architecture team by validating delivery plans and developed solutions against agreed design patterns and best practice. You will be working within a team of 3 others, working alongside a range of data engineers, data analysts and other stakeholders.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 22nd September 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
More searches like this
- Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Science Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Engineering Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom