Quantitative Data Analyst
Tuesday 26 September 2023
£87,750 - £97,500
Agile Working Options
Quantitative Data Analyst
Lloyds Banking Group
Location: London, Bristol or Edinburgh
Hybrid working: 2 days per week in the office and the rest from home
Salary & Benefits: £92,970 to £108,465 base salary, depending on experience.
Additional Package: Annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), flexible benefits system, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Portfolio Analytics and Insights (PA&I) is a core Analytics team responsible for providing business analytical capabilities across Business and Commercial Banking (BCB) and CIB (Corporate and Institutional Banking). PA&I is in charge of developing the methodologies, data and tools to support delivery of sustainable returns from client relationships, portfolio risk reward optimisation, enhancing BCB and CIB’s client insight, digitisation, and innovation.
Within PA&I, we’re the Quantitative Analytics which specifically focused on building the quantitative methods and models to support analytics. We give advice and direction regarding the technical credit risk methodology to support the business with analysis and tools to drive growth!
What will your role look like?
You’ll spend most of your time focused on advanced statistical analysis of data, and credit risk model development. You’ll be acting as a senior member within the team.
You’ll use SQL or SAS (whichever you prefer) to extract data from the data warehouses we use, and apply an appropriate quantitative analysis using R or Python (again, whichever you prefer).
This role is mainly focused on small - medium enterprise (SME) pricing in the medium term but would give later the opportunity to be involved in a wider range of models and pricing tool development.
The initial strategic aim is to extend the risk-based pricing across all banking book products (Asset Finance, Invoice Finance, Overdrafts, Trade, Cards) in order to allow targeted income & lending growth as a result of more competitive, optimised pricing and creating an opportunity for relationship pricing across SME product.
This would benefit from existing frameworks (already used on Loans and outside SME for instance) but would require defining and adjusting accordingly for each product as well as ensuring the implementation is always on target.
Specific activities could include;
- Work closely with products and business specialists to review existing pricing grids.
- Help develop quantitative tools and prototypes to drive the analytics capability. This includes defining requirements and route to tool delivery with the developer team, but also being specialist in pricing component (credit, funding and capital risk)
- Act as the main point of contact for our internal clients
- Support Portfolio Management and Product teams to define streamlined pricing discretion framework and governance processes.
So what experience & skills you need to apply?
Lloyds Banking Group is made up of people from a range of roles and industry backgrounds, however as this role is unique to banking we’ll be looking for the following within your application;
- Career background as a quantitative analyst, statistician or data analyst working with credit risk related data. Working at mid to senior analyst level already.
- Strong statistical analysis skills - alongside technical skills in some relevant coding language such as Python or R.
- SQL coding experience to intermediate level to extract data
- Basel 3 regulatory knowledge or knowledge of capital risk management
- Knowledge of credit risk modelling
About working for us;
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
Ready for a career where you can have a positive impact as you learn, grow and thrive? Apply today and find out more