IT Business Analyst
Position: Business Analyst
Location: Newark (Hybrid - 3 days on site)
Salary: Upto £60K dependent upon experience
Start date: ASAP
Robert Half Technology are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to work for a market leading manufacturing company in their Newark office. The purpose of this role is to define the business acceptance criteria with key members of staff, & define review and support the execution of the IS integration and systems testing to ensure the functional requirements are met by the AS IS/ TO BE solution. This position requires international travel up to 8 countries, maximum would be 2 trips per quarter.
- To document Business requirements and design functional solutions to meet them within agreed time scales, costs and department standards to achieve quality levels and business benefits
- To be responsible for all requirements gathering, design workshops, testing on a project and to supervise other BAs output in order to maintain a consistent functional delivery for the whole project.
- To estimate the time needed to complete requirements gathering, design and testing tasks and provide input into the project planning process to produce accurate plans for major projects.
- To lead Business teams through requirements, functional design and UAT workshops to accurately record requirements, functional solutions, test plans and acceptance requirements to ensure that the solution meets the business requirements.
- To handover functional designs to the systems designers to ensure technical design fully satisfies what the business requirements intended in order to meet quality and functional requirements.
- To oversee the creation of systems, integration & regression test plans to ensure their completeness and the understanding of the design teams in order to maintain the quality of the delivery and the completeness of regression plans for the future.
- To lead the Business through acceptance testing and approval processes to ensure they understand the developed functionality and that it is tested adequately.
Personal Specification - The skills, knowledge, and experience that the job holder should require to conduct the role effectively.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Business analyst
- Experience working as a Business analyst within a manufacturing firm
- Degree educated within a relevant subject or substantial experience within a commercial development environment
- Strong interpersonal skills - tenacity, persuasion, negotiation, assertiveness
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical customers at all levels
- Strong business acumen, with the proven ability to translate design requirements into practical applications
- Proven ability to converse strategically with colleagues to establish effective alternative solutions
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team; whilst using own initiative
- Excellent organisational, prioritising and time management skills
- Knowledge of database design, communication infrastructure between system components, scalability, implications of development tool sets used, communications infrastructure and the ability to validate performance of the design in a given environment
- Has functional knowledge of processes in several business areas in a manufacturing environment
- Design skills to create and implement high resilience on-line and batch, file based and database applications
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data.
Security alert: scammers are currently targeting jobseekers. Robert Half do not ask candidates for a fee or request candidates to send applications through instant messaging services such as WhatsApp or Telegram. Learn how to protect yourself by visiting our website.