Data Scientist - Oxford / Hybrid - Up to GBP50k
A leading Bio-technology company are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join them on an initial 9-month contract basis. You will be working on an a new and exciting project with a view that if the project goes smoothly will more than likely turn into a permanent offering.
They are looking for a highly motivated, expert-level data scientist to join a dynamic project team dedicated to the successful deployment of technology in multiple locations.
As an expert in image, video analysis and machine learning techniques with focus on deep learning, you will combine your data with biological observations to build complex decision-making and pattern recognition systems.
Working closely with the global data team and the R&D teams you will generate and deliver decision-facilitating tools to key internal and external stakeholders.
This is an exciting role in a fast-paced environment, working on high-impact projects, with outstanding professionals around the world.
- Design, development and rigorous testing of machine learning models for image and video analysis.
- Development of end-to-end data projects, including experiment set up with R&D teams, building ELT/ETL process, neural network architectures and final insight.
- Writing reusable and well-structured machine learning code with clear documentation.
- Effective presentation of actionable insights to business and technical stakeholders.
- Preparation and presentation of proof of concepts, proposals, and templates.
- Collaboration with the field, R&D and data teams closely to bring additional relevant data into the system.
- Keep up to date with latest relevant research.
- Master's level or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related fields.
- Demonstrated professional experience of working with computer vision and machine learning techniques.
- Advanced skills in visualization, preferably Power BI.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of geospatial data.
- A pro-active communicator who reaches out to ensure alignment with all stakeholders.