Principal Data Engineer
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
Leads a scrum team designing, creating, and operating new interactive big data solutions centered on database and data lake technologies in support of Energy services and associated web based applications. Significant big data expertise using Microsoft, AWS, and Snowflake technologies plus familiarity with client facing, critical SaaS applications.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead technical scrum teams constructing OLAP, OLTP, and AI driven cloud software in a cloud environment.
- Responsibilities include one or more of the following:
- Design, develop, configure and enhance big data systems centered on AWS, PostgresSQL, Redshift, S3, Lamdba, Python, and PowerBI hosted at Azure.
- Construct datalake solutions based on AWS or Azure datalake architectures
- Create highly scalable and available data software with a focus on data throughput and quality in all software processes
- Build data integration capabilities loading large volumes of data reliably enforcing data quality standards and implementing enrichment approaches
- Translate Agile software development stories into data software capabilities supporting the needed functionality and performance, estimate level of effort, and track progress on a daily basis
- Document and educate technology partners and peers regarding capabilities of constructed solutions
- Partner with DevOps teams to size and design the infrastructure necessary to support our big data computing needs
- Support client engagement success driven by data software driving quality answers for platform clients
- Computer Science BS/MS degree
- Non-CS BS/MS degree with other software related training
- Big data skill and technology certifications required
- 7+ years of big data engineering experience
- 5+ years cloud engineering experience with an emphasis on AWS and Azure technologies
- Hands on experience with PostgresSQL
- Experience creating data repositories support web applications and REST APIs.
- Experience with high throughput, big volume, fast response time, scalable systems
- Expertise with advanced caching strategies leveraging technologies such as Redis, Memcache, and ElasticSearch.
- Energy or financial services experience a plus
- Redshift, Snowflake, Azure Synapse SQL, and/or Redshift
- PostgresSQL design and development experience
- Data modelling skills for OLTP and OLAP systems
- Data lake construction with parquet
- Experience with Python, Hadoop, and Spark helpful
- Strong familiarity with AWS and/or Azure cloud environments
- The ability to mentor and lead team members focused on technical topics
- Good written and verbal English communication skills, client relation skills, and ability to work effectively as a contributor in a technical team environment.
- Ability to speak French and/or Spanish a plus
A t ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
The pay range for this role is: $ 120,000-180,000
Pay range is based on several factors and may vary in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant's background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with geographical market data. This position is eligible for our comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Additional ENGIE benefits include a 401k plan, paid time off and annual bonus . ENGIE complies with all federal, state, and local minimum wage laws.
- Hybrid work environment on site in Boston 2-3 days per week
Legal Entity: ENGIE INSIGHT SERVICES INC.
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full - Time
Professional Experience: Skilled ( >3 experience