Lead Data Analyst
Lead Data Scientist
Full time - 37.5 hours a week
Salary - GBP50,000 - GBP60,000 depending on experience
Nottingham City centre, Hybrid - 1 day a week in the office at least
We have an excellent opportunity for a experienced data analyst to join our clients organisation in the data science team. The data science team are responsible for delivering insight across all areas of the business including marketing, fraud, underwriting and customer management strategies.
The successful candidate will be a key player in the team, providing leadership across a number of different areas.
- Owning the development and maintenance of predictive models to improve customer outcomes across fraud, marketing and credit
- Advance autonomous decisioning capability including model deployment, setting policy, and testing across all areas of the business
- Developing test and learn strategies across different lines of business using data driven analysis, monitoring performance and providing clear recommendations to drive the company forward to help support the company's ambitious growth aspirations
- Providing leadership and identifying opportunities to improve process and procedures through inquisitive analysis
Skills and experience
- Experience of working in a similar role (Ideally within financial services although this is desirable)
- Degree in a numerate field
- Good programming skills in R, SQL
- Understanding of statistical concepts
- Ability to understand IT infrastructure
- Structure thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Experienced and knowledgeable in predictive modelling, machine learning and AI
- Experience with the full lifecycle data science projects
- Commercial acumen
- Exceptional Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Strong time management skills
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Keen eye for detail
- Willingness to adapt role in line with business requirements
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Medical insurance and EAP
- Free eye care vouchers
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays plus birthday off
- Hybrid working
Due to the nature of the role, any successful candidates will be put through intense financial credit checks and general onboarding checks.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Tate is committed to promoting equal opportunities. To ensure that every candidate has the best experience with us, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments we can make during the application or interview process. Your comfort and accessibility are our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Additionally, we value and respect your individuality, and we invite you to share your preferred pronouns in your application.