Senior Data Scientist
Position: Senior Data Scientist
Location: Bristol (Hybrid working)
Salary: Up to £73,400 dependent upon experience
Start date: ASAP
Robert Half Technology are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist to work for a global market leading company in their Bristol office. The purpose of this role is to deliver insights in to the People and culture side of the business. You will be responsible for delivering the end-to-end P&C data science strategy, executing the implementation of data science models and technology and supporting senior P&C stakeholders with the use of advanced analytics. This will firmly align to business strategy, culture and values.
- Understand and translate People & Culture data points, with a strong ability to draw hypotheses that can be evaluated further with advanced analytics techniques, data science modelling tools and other predictive analytics applications (through the Alteryx platform or other tools available) to better shape insights for key stakeholders across Imperial Brands
- Define best-practice standards for data science and advanced analytical techniques, and ensure these are aligned to the wider Imperial Data Science team
- Align with Head of P&C IT and Head of Governance on Data Science requirements in line with build of P&C data lake, including, but not limited to the ingestion of Alteryx data
- Collaborate with the Head of Data Strategy, Group IT and the Central Data Function to equip you and your peers with the required data, tools and technology
- Coach, develop and mentor junior analysts in data science techniques; data mining, pattern, root cause and trend analysis
- Dotted line management responsibility of 2 P&C analysts
- Attend industry events and demonstrate data science thought leadership and current/emerging trends
- Define the end-to-end data science strategy to continuously improve insight offerings and recommendations to senior P&C stakeholders
Personal Specification - The skills, knowledge, and experience that the job holder should require to conduct the role effectively.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a data scientist
- Degree / Masters or equivalent experience in a numerical discipline: Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or another related field
- Experience in leading data science teams, coaching/mentoring junior analysts
- Experience in People, Customer/Consumer or other Function data and insights teams in complex, global organisations and/or consulting
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience in applied statistics: estimation, hypothesis testing, regression, etc.
- Experience in the delivery of data science projects / statistical analytics tools and programming languages (for example Python, R, SQL, VBA, etc)
- Expert knowledge of coding languages, reporting / visualisation packages and databases, analytical engines, data warehouses / lakes etc
- Experience with Machine learning
If this role sounds of interest and you would like more information, or would like to apply, please do not hesitate to email Evie Cambridge
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data.
Security alert: scammers are currently targeting jobseekers. Robert Half do not ask candidates for a fee or request candidates to send applications through instant messaging services such as WhatsApp or Telegram. Learn how to protect yourself by visiting our website.
More searches like this
- Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Science Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Machine Learning Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom