Commercial Category Manager (FTC)
We’re the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we work to improve health and adult social care in England.
Through the dedication of our expert team, we monitor health and social care services to provide England with a safe and compassionate care system, recognising when services perform well as well as encouraging improvements and taking action over poorer care, where necessary.
One of our main commitments is to become a truly inclusive organisation and to role model a diverse and representative culture. To do so, we work with a variety of networks, including the Disability Equality Network, Race Equality Network and LGBT+ Equality Network.
We’re now looking for a Commercial Category Manager to join us on a full-time basis for a 23 month fixed term contract or secondment opportunity.
- 27 days’ annual leave, rising with service to 32.5 days, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- NHS pension scheme, with around a 14% employer contribution
- Free employee assistance service 24 hours a day
- Discounts to supermarkets, high street stores, electronics and fleet cars
- Discounted gym vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal reward scheme where you could win a voucher or two!
- Equipment for homeworking
Why this could be a great role for you….
This is a brilliant opportunity for a procurement professional with experience running EU compliant procurement processes to join our dedicated organisation.
You’ll have the chance to play a vital role in managing our procurement and contract activities as we ensure health and social care services can provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high-quality care.
Plus, with a great assortment of benefits on offer that are tailored to support every aspect of your personal and professional life, you’ll have everything you need to achieve that enviable work/life balance.
What you will bring…
To be considered as our Commercial Category Manager, you will need:
- Experience in leading full end-to-end procurement cycles for a range of categories
- Experience of running full EU compliant procurement tendering exercises
- Experience of managing supplier performance and relationship programmes
- Experience of contract management practices
- Experience of using e-procurement systems
- Knowledge of the UK health sector
- Strong presentation and drafting skills
- Good relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft Office
- To be MCIPS qualified (or be working towards this)
What you’ll be doing…
As our Commercial Category Manager, you will drive effective procurement, contract management and supply chain management activities across our organisation.
Leading a range of high-profile procurement and contract management activities, you will ensure they deliver high-quality outcomes and value for money.
Managing complex procurement projects, you will develop and deliver procurement strategies, using expert knowledge of commercial processes to establish innovative procurement practices.
Additionally, you will:
- Advise stakeholders on governance processes
- Analyse financial information and spend analysis information
- Undertake proactive pipeline and contract register activities
- Support the review of commercial and contract policies and processes
- Support contract owners on the commercial management of key contracts
If you require any support or assistance with the recruitment process, please get in touch with our team or include a note in your application.
We know diverse teams allow for a more creative and productive environment and therefore encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender/sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
So, if you’d like to join us as a Commercial Category Manager, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Public Sector Procurement Manager, Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyer, Category Team Manager, or Supply Chain Manager.
More searches like this
- Compliance Social Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Social Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Social Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Social Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Social Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom