Flood Risk Data Senior Team Leader
Locations – we operate blended home and office working with your contractual base being an Environment Agency office local to you (subject to approval).
18 month Fixed Term Contract.
If you’re part of the Environment Agency (EA), you’re part of the solution. Working with us means protecting and improving the environment and tackling issues of national importance. We’re based across England, and our responsibilities span industry regulation, flood defences, land contamination, water quality, fisheries and conservation.
Such broad scope of work calls for diverse, multi-skilled teams. Together, we’ll promote sustainable growth, tackle climate change and secure a better future for everyone.
Your role with us
You’ll lead a new Data Improvements team responsible for providing clear, useable and reliable data that ensures the billions we invest in flood and coastal risk management have the greatest possible impact.
Data underpins everything we do in FCRM (Flood & Coastal Risk Management), from issuing flood warnings to justifying billions of pounds worth of investment in flood and coastal risk management, in the face of climate change.
You will manage an innovative new data improvements team of up to 14 people. Your team will work across national and operational boundaries, ensuring consistent, comprehensive, and reliable data are available so that vital decisions on flood and coastal erosion risk management can be taken.
Your role will involve:
- Prioritising delivery of reputationally and technically complex work.
- Engaging with and managing stakeholders whom are accessing or benefiting from our services
- Driving and embedding innovative solutions and efficiencies of process for data.
- Influencing the strategic direction of data improvements for FCRM.
This work is central to delivering our strategic commitments to :
- publish and improve a new national assessment of flood risk.
- publish our long term investment scenarios.
- deliver improvements in management of flood risk assets & natural flood management.
- improve the way we work with the public, Risk Management Authorities and local partners to improve resilience.
You’ll bring a range of skills and experience. We’re looking for someone who:
- Can lead, recruit, develop, inspire, and motivate a team of data specialists.
- Can build relationships, network and collaborate, to influence or deliver outcomes.
- Can prioritise delivery of complex technical activities.
- Can implement improvements and changes to ways of working.
- Can communicate well, keeping others informed, managing expectations and anticipating others needs.
- Has experience in managing and leading a team of data specialists.
- Chartered Membership of CIWEM or the Royal Geographic Society or another relevant body is desirable.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll benefit from a culture that embraces difference and includes everyone, where you’ll feel supported and trusted to do the right thing. We’ll invest in you and allow you to grow and shape your career. What’s more, you’ll have access to our great benefits package including:
- A competitive salary of £47,646
- 27 days holiday (increasing to max 30) + 8 bank holidays
- Great career opportunities
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Flexible hours
- Award-winning pension fund
As an organisation we strive to reflect the communities we serve, to achieve this we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, sexual orientation, and religion. We also welcome applications for part-time hours.
Responding to incidents is a central part of what we do. You will be required to have an incident role and make yourself available to respond to incidents or provide business continuity support during an incident. This may attract an additional payment and full training and workplace adjustments will be available to support you with your incident role.
This is a fixed term opportunity which may become permanent following an additional round of recruitment.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Scientific £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Scientific £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Scientific £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Scientific £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Scientific £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom