Are you passionate about life sciences research and life sciences data, ranging from pre-clinical biological data through to food technology formulation and manufacturing? We are looking for a Data Scientist at the Danone Nutricia Research & Innovation (R&I) Center, based in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
The Data Scientist mission is to develop state-of-the-art innovations, processes and (advanced) data science solutions in the field of life sciences, pre-clinical and non-clinical research of medical nutrition, dairy and water products.
- Understand & contribute to the scientific strategic roadmaps and execute this strategy through efficient project contribution.
- Business impact by ensuring timely and high-quality execution of projects in Research & Innovation contexts.
- Deliver efficient and reliable collation, processing, and data sciences analysis of data which will lead to new nutritional engines and ultimately launch of new Danone products.
- Responsible for the processing, programming, development and optimization of models and tools for the analysis of multidimensional data coming from life science labs, pre-clinical studies, and non-clinical projects.
- Able to collaborate with cross-functional teams in the Medical & Nutritional sciences department such as teams of data managers, data engineers, statisticians, and statistical programmers.
- Able to provide expert data science input.
- Able to contribute to the development of new data science innovations.
- Timely delivery of high-quality (advanced) data science solutions for lab data, pre-clinical and non-clinical projects in the life science domain.
- Required M.Sc., Ph.D. degree or research experience.
- Experience: 3-5 years.
- Background in life sciences, with a thorough experience in data science tools.
- Experience in programming languages R and Python, coding standards & best practices and data standards.
- Knowledge of developments in the data science field (related to automation, digitalization, data privacy, data transparency and data sharing, Real-World Data/Real-World Evidence) and eager to bring innovation.
- Expert in Data Science and Cloud-based IT systems & databases.
- Awareness of various machine learning tools and techniques, e.g. graph-based tools, Spark, semantic technologies, NLP, sci-kit learn.
- Experience in both Statistics and Machine Learning in Systems Biology modelling or Microbiome data analysis is highly appreciated.
- Purpose-driven person, who wants to contribute to Danone's Mission to positively impact health.
- Excellent communication skills (in English).
Working at Danone is a unique experience. It's fast-paced and complex and, at times, it can get a little challenging. But it's packed with opportunities to learn and grow working with some of the best-known brands in the world, like Evian, Alpro, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon. Bring your unique perspective, ambitions and entrepreneurial ideas to the table - the impact you could make might just surprise you. One Planet. One Health - BY YOU.
We're proud to be a B-Corp certified company. That means we meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability in everything we do.
We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we base our hiring decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
It's an exciting time to join Danone as a Data Scientist. You'll build meaningful strategy in this new created position. And the best part? You'll be supported to grow an impactful career that you can be proud of. Together, we'll build a healthier world.
All Danoners receive a complete package of benefits. This includes a competitive salary and yearly bonus, a premium free pension and great discounts on health insurance and Danone products. We understand the importance of flexibility and offer 30 days of annual leave (with the opportunity to purchase more) and a hybrid working environment, where you can work either from home or from one of our People Hubs in Hoofddorp, Utrecht and Zoetermeer.
It's simple - hit the "apply" button. In order to comply with GDPR we can't process your personal data without your given consent, so please apply directly via this website. Good luck! We can't wait to meet you.
Need more information?
Please contact Olivier de Ranitz (Talent Acquisition Manager) via ().