Senior Data Engineer
(For RAF High Wycombe only) £2,000 pa (pro-rata) recruitment and retention allowance payable to staff located at RAF High Wycombe.
This role will be based in either RAF High Wycombe or RAF Benson. We operate a hybrid working / remote working model that allows you to work between home and on-site, giving you greater flexibility about where and when you work. We would encourage you to discuss your anticipated working arrangements for this role with us during the recruitment process.
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce. We pride ourselves on the positive impact diversity has and promote inclusivity and equality of opportunity for all.
Are you an experienced Data Engineer looking for your next challenge?
It’s an exciting time to join RAF Digital as we grow our organisation and become a key enabler to the RAF’s Astra Campaign to become a dynamic, digital organisation which provides high quality, innovative, customer-centric services.
The Senior Data Engineer role aligns to the Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) framework from the Data DDaT job family.
We believe that Data Engineers play an important role in making RAF Digital Services simple and easy to use for all user groups. The successful candidate will be responsible for both conducting data engineering on projects (~50%) and leading the practice of data engineering across the RAF, supporting data engineers across the organisation to be as effective as possible in their roles.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on digital services that have a real impact and to work in a high performing team that actively shares knowledge and experiences.
- Implement and automate data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems.
- Write scripts to extract, transform and load (ETL) data and code to make sure the ETL process performs optimally.
- Develop and implement data engineering best-practice (e.g., source-to-target mappings, coding standards, data quality, etc.).
- Support, mentor, and coach other data engineers across the RAF.
- Setup and administer global polices for data.
- Work with other Data Engineers across the RAF on setup and administration of local data policies.
- Support wider data and digital transformation as required.
- Experience using SQL in a professional context
- Experience using Git-based version control
- Experience using Python in a professional context
- Degree in a STEM discipline such as Computer Science or commensurate professional experience
- Experience using Apache Airflow
- Experience using Apache Spark
- Knowledge of the Scrum Framework
We'll assess you against the Civil Service Behaviours framework during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- We'll assess you against the Senior Data Engineer DDaT framework technical skills during the selection process:
- Data analysis and synthesis
- Data innovation
- Data modelling
- Metadata management
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 25th June 2023
More searches like this
- Analytics Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Science Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Engineering Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom