Associate Director of Compliance, Risk and Reporting
- Overseas Trust and Pensions (OTAP)
- Guernsey / Hybrid
- Competitive + benefits
- 15 May 2023
- 14 Jun 2023
- Job Type
- Analytics, Compliance & Regulation, Compliance, Regulation, Financial Crime, Risk, Risk Advisory, Risk Management
- Employer Sector
- Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Overseas Trust and Pensions (OTAP) is a growth company and a leading independent provider of pension and trust services. OTAP offers market-leading products that are tailored to the market into which they are promoted. Our products are widely regarded as the best in the market by the IFA communities who use them to meet their clients’ diverse pension requirements. We continue to invest in developing technology to improve customer service and to increase efficiency. As such, OTAP is a progressive, nimble business with offices in Guernsey, London and South Africa and a passion to serve our clients in meeting their trust and pension needs.
The post holder will be required to proactively manage the team responsible for:
- Compliance Monitoring Program
- Monitoring oversight of completed low and standard risk cases
- Co-ordination of PEP Committee as per terms of reference
- Monitoring controls for outsourced functions
- Annual outsourcing reviews
- Maintenance and updating of OTAP BRA
- File Reviews and resulting actions
- Tax and Data Compliance (CRS/FATCA and GDPR)
- Review and approval of high-risk cases
- Maintenance of compliance registers and tracking of complaints through to completion.
- Ensuring regulatory returns completed and filed on time
In addition, you will be the Compliance Manager, MLCO and MLRO with the responsibilities associated with processing Suspicious Transaction Reports. AS such, you will also be a key contact with regulatory authorities.
As and when necessary, you will also be required to complete risk mitigation projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder is required to:
- Report to the Board on:
- Changes in legislation/regulation effecting the business.
- CMPO Progress and trends/issues and risks identified.
- Errors, incidents, and complaints.
- Making recommendations to the Board on managing risks.
- Provide staff and board training on financial crime and other compliance-related topics.
- Where appropriate exercising and documenting judgement reflecting the risk appetite of the Board in considering client-related compliance matters.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation and escalate if appropriate. Manage the team in accordance with Company Policy and Values, including conducting performance reviews and any performance management requirements.
- Take responsibility for OTAP’s compliance with its policies, procedures, and control to forestall, prevent and detect money laundering and financing terrorism.
- Complete any other duties as and when required to drive business success.
- Adopt and reflect OTAP’s values.
The post holder should have:
- A professional qualification in Compliance.
- A relevant degree.
- Minimum 5 years in compliance within finance industry or comparable i.e. insurance.
- An ability to articulate complex issues clearly and concisely.
- An ability to exercise sound judgement under pressure in an influential manner.
- An aptitude for problem-solving.
- A methodical approach to tasks with a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills; prioritising, achieving deadlines and driving business efficiency.
- Experience in collating and summarising data.
- Strong interpersonal skills; approachable and able to work and educate all levels of the business.
- A proven ability to communicate at all levels, both in writing and verbally.
- Commitment to the development of others and driven to lead and motivate a successful team.
- Consistently work at the standard required by the team and business.
- A willing and flexible attitude to working hours to support team and business needs, as required.
Key Business Partners
- Compliance Team
- OTAP Group colleagues
- Management Team
- Clients, intermediaries and IFAs
Apply for Associate Director of Compliance, Risk and Reporting
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Compliance Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe
- Risk Management Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe
- Regulation Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe
- Financial Crime Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe
- Risk Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe