Quantitative Model Developer - Retail Credit Risk
As a Barclays Quantitative Model Developer, you will be a part of a large, centralised team supporting the modelling and analytical needs of business units. This includes the Investment Bank, Barclays franchises throughout Europe, and Barclays US Credit Card business. Using internal and external data sources, you will be accountable for various key decision points across the risk life cycle established by sound risk tools, which are key to ensure businesses can grow in the right way, according to appropriate levels of risk appetite.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Constructing and calibrating models for the volatility of PD, LGD and EAD and their correlation
- Developing models for the quantification of risk transfer through securitizations
- Sharing and seeking out best practice across the modelling peer group
- Developing high-standard and well documented Python code
- Keeping models in line with the agreed procedures including model implementation
- Ensuring accurate implementation of models and maintaining their use, interpretation and monitoring
What we’re looking for:
- Working knowledge of Monte Carlo simulation techniques
- Experience in capital and/or impairment either as a model developer or validator/reviewer
- Expertise in consumer credit risk
- Stakeholder management, as you will interact with a large group of stakeholders: portfolio risk, internal validation, quantitative analysts
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Technical writing skills
- Knowledge of software development processes in a controlled environment
- Working knowledge of capital and impairment concepts
- Knowledge of Python
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5,000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Fund Management £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Fund Management £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Fund Management £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Fund Management £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Fund Management £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom