Performance Analyst - Engagement
- Care Quality Commission
- Home or office based (UK)
- £30,022 - £35,191 + benefits
- 22 Feb 2023
- 19 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics
- Employer Sector
- Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, Not For Profit & Charities, Public Sector, Social Services
- Contract Type
Salary: £30,022 (National Framework) or £35,191 (London Framework – if you are London office based or homebased and live within the boundary of the M25) – There is also an additional homeworking allowance of £529 per annum for those working from home.
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week. Would consider part time at 30 hours per week.
Closing date: Sunday 19th March 2023 at 11.59pm
This role is NOT open to applications from those who will require sponsorship under the points-based system.
We’re the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we work to improve health and adult social care in England.
Through the dedication of our expert team, we monitor health and social care services to provide England with a safe and compassionate care system, recognising when services perform well as well as encouraging improvements and taking action over poorer care, where necessary.
One of our main commitments is to become a truly inclusive organisation and to role model a diverse and representative culture. To do so, we work with a variety of networks, including the Disability Equality Network, Race Equality Network and LGBT+ Equality Network.
We are now looking for a Performance Analyst to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis.
- 27 days’ annual leave, rising with service to 32.5 days, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- NHS pension scheme, with around a 14% employer contribution
- Free employee assistance service 24 hours a day
- Discounts to supermarkets, high street stores, electronics and fleet cars
- Discounted gym vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal reward scheme where you could win a voucher or two!
- Equipment for homeworking
Why this could be a great role for you
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented analyst with experience of managing digital projects to step into an engaging role with our essential organisation.
Alongside fantastic rewards packages, you’ll discover generous flexible working policies, enviable wellbeing and lifestyle benefits as well as plenty of professional development opportunities to ensure you can grow and thrive in your role.
What’s more, we offer a range of working options to best meet your needs and so this role can be homebased, office based or a hybrid mix. We will be happy to discuss your needs at interview stage.
So, to step into a pivotal role and help us to improve services and shape the future of health and social care in England, apply today!
What you will bring…
To be considered as a Performance Analyst, you will need:
- Extensive experience of analytics and knowledge of how they can be used to identify improvements
- Experience of managing digital projects across the whole lifecycle
- Experience and understanding of web processes and user generated content
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders
- Experience of managing internal and external suppliers
- Experience in Agile project management
- A strong understanding of the GDS service standards and design patterns
- Demonstrable knowledge of web accessibility, the assisted digital approach and the standards expected in these areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We will consider applications from those who are currently working in a performance analytics or data analytics role with the following:
- You must have experience of service performance analytics and knowledge of how they can be used to identify improvements.
- You must have a strong understanding of the GDS (Government Digital Service) service standards and design patterns.
What you’ll be doing
As a Performance Analyst, you will be responsible for analysing the performance of our digital services across the organisation.
Supporting product development and accessibility, you’ll ensure that the CQC website meets accessibility standards and manage applications for relevant accreditation.
Alongside the Product Manager, you’ll ensure that our digital services are informed by user-centred design practices.
Additionally, you will:
- Champion user-centred design and user research across CQC
- Manage the procurement and own the relationship with the suppliers of accessibility testing
- Monitor usability and accessibility issues
- Undertake performance analysis and user research
- Monitor analytics, search logs and error reports
- Track KPIs that evaluate our digital services in line with GDS service manual
- Configure our analytics account
- Support the User Researchers in conducting interviews with users
- Support the Content Designers to utilise analytics data
If you require any support or assistance with the recruitment process, please get in touch with our team or include a note in your application.
We know diverse teams allow for a more creative and productive environment and therefore encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender/sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
So, if you’d like to join us as a Performance Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Product Owner, Digital Product Owner, Digital Data Analyst, Business Analyst, BA, Strategy & Impact Analyst, Digital Performance Analyst, or Continuous Improvement Analyst.