Director, Software Solutions l Data Analytics l Forensic and
Director, Software Solutions l Data Analytics l Forensic and Litigation Consulting
FTI Consulting is an independent global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes. Individually, each practice is a leader in its specific field, staffed with experts recognized for the depth of their knowledge and a track record of making an impact. Collectively, FTI Consulting offers a comprehensive suite of services designed to assist clients across the business cycle - from proactive risk management to the ability to respond rapidly to unexpected events and dynamic environments.
The Software Solutions team is a high-performing team that works across both corporate engagements and litigation matters to deliver data-driven solutions to our clients. As experts in bespoke web application development, the Software Solutions team is involved in engagements spanning corporate strategy, litigation, investigations, disputes, compliance, regulatory support, financial crime, fraud, and performance improvement. The team employs a range of evolving open source and cloud technologies to design, build, and deliver solutions.
This specialized team creates scalable and feature-rich web applications using a modern toolkit. Recent solutions have used containerization, Angular, React, NestJS, TypeScript, Python, Django, Laravel and a wide range of AWS services. You will have a direct impact on helping drive innovation by promoting and selecting technologies to meet ever changing client needs and evolving industry trends.
What You'll Do
As a Director, you will develop in-depth knowledge of your clients' objectives and challenges in order to design and implement innovative strategies to assist them through their current difficulties and prepare them for the future. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Designing and leading UX development for client-centric web applications
- Leading user experience initiatives and collaborating daily with software engineers, managers and stakeholders
- Playing an active role in mentoring junior members of the team
- Acting as an evangelist to promote best practice and sharing knowledge both internally and externally
- Learning existing applications and designing new tools to improve processes.
- Identifying the relationships among multiple sources and types of data and organizing this information to facilitate effective data analysis.
How You'll Grow
Alongside opportunities to learn on the job from some of the leading professionals in the industry, FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of User Experience development
- Experience leading teams
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Produce UX design deliverables such as user stories, experience maps, user flows, site maps, sketches, wireframes, etc.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative UX research such as field studies, user interviews, usability testing, card sorting, A/B testing and more.
- Conduct internal and competitive analyses of existing applications to inform designs and best practice
- Design and craft interactive prototypes for user feedback
- Lead user testing of applications, software and websites
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders
- Collaborate with visual designers to incorporate a visual/brand identity into the finished product
- Define interaction models, user journeys, and UI specifications
- Able to work on a team as well as independently.
- Able to adapt quickly in handling multiple/evolving tasks as a result of new engagements and/or re-prioritized deadlines.
- Highly motivated, hard-working, eager to learn, and able to motivate others.
- Able to regularly communicate status (to both internal and external clients).
- Able to produce high quality and/or final work product under strict deadlines.
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices
- Ability and keen interest to keep up to date with evolving trends
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Competency in TypeScript, Node.js, Angular, React, Vue.js Bootstrap
- Competency in Agile principles and test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience developing and/or consuming APIs
- Flexibility to provide night and weekend coverage when requested
Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting .
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
About FTI Consulting What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities. FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit and connect with us on Twitter ), Facebook and LinkedIn . FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Employee Status: Regular
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt
- Job Family/Level: Op Level 3 - Director
Compensation My Profile
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
At FTI Consulting, our goal is to attract, hire, acquire, develop and, most importantly, retain the bestand most talented people in the world. As our company continues to grow, we remain focused on buildingand maintaining a strong culture of diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, age,marital status, sexual orientation, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protectedveteran, union affiliation, genetic information, sex, citizenship status, or any other factor prohibitedby law.