Director of Data Analytics and Insights
The Smithsonian Institution is the world's largest museum, education, and research complex, with 21 museums and the National Zoo. This position is located in theOffice of Digital Transformation (ODT) created to build a digitally empowered institution that builds purposeful connections between the knowledge we share and the people we serve, inviting every household, classroom, and community around the globe on a lasting journey to explore, learn, and find meaning together. As the Director of Data Analytics & Insights, you will be responsible for delivering data-informed, actionable insights that support Smithsonian's digital transformation and the advancement of Smithsonian's business and organizational goals using data and analytics. In this position, you will:
- Oversee the development and implementation of a wide range of data-gathering efforts and comprehensive data studies that produce actionable insights to support senior-level decision-making that furthers organizational goals.
- Streamline analytics activities across the Smithsonian by establishing best practices, processes, and evaluation frameworks; and procuring and implementing data analysis and reporting tools.
- Provide leadership and consultation on methods and techniques to measure and achieve meaningful and useable goals.
- Provide strategic direction of programs and special projects, ensuring that desired goals are achieved.
- Plan, organize, direct, supervise, and manage the personnel and activities of the team.
Applicants may be evaluated in multiple stages. The first stage is an evaluation of your responses to the online assessment questions that assess your experience, education, and/or training for the job-related competencies below:
- Demonstrated ability to understand and conceptualize the diverse missions, goals, and needs of an organization and produce information to influence senior-level decision-making within a large, complex organization.
- Demonstrated experience designing and undertaking data-gathering efforts, comprehensive data studies, data analysis, and reporting activities to convey findings to leadership.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and implementing best practices and tools/systems for data analysis and reporting across an organization.
- Skill in managing, supervising and motivating a diverse staff of professional, technical and support personnel, setting priorities, establishing schedules communicating effectively both orally and in writing and interfacing effectively will all levels of management.
You may preview questions for this vacancy.