Principal Data Analyst/Data Consultant
About the role
- 80% working from home flexibility
- Opportunity to work with like-minded professionals passionate about Data
- Competitive benefits package to include an annual bonus of up to 17.5%
Based at our impressive Head Office in Stratford-Upon-Avon and with extensive working from home flexibility of 80%, this Data focused role offers you the exciting prospect of joining a supportive and inclusive team with responsibility for delivering a data management service for Underwriting and Pricing.
Recognising the central role of data and analytics, our Underwriting and Pricing Data Team was formed to provide the required expertise and responsiveness from within the department. Having established some firm foundations over the last 5 years, the team now needs to build capabilities further to deliver on an exciting and demanding vision of data driven enablement within this data driven part of the business.
As a Data specialist, you will help develop the data capabilities of Pricing and Underwriting, to enable the effective management of pricing strategy and optimise the supply and use of MI. You will deliver complex ad hoc data analysis and will monitor and report on data trends, making recommendations and managing activity to continuously improve data quality and integrity. Based on your experience and preference, the role will come with or without people management responsibilities.
An enthusiastic and flexible professional with a can-do' attitude, you will be an experienced Data Specialist with an impeccable attention to detail. You will be a strong communicator who can forge and maintain effective stakeholder relationships with the ability to negotiate and influence others.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Effective translation of business need into data specifications and solutions
- Strength in numeracy, analysis and problem solving
- Experience of managing, coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate successfully.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following technical skills:
- SQL Stack (advanced): SSMS, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS (multi-dimensional & tabular)
- PowerBI (or experience of preparing data sets for consumption by similar reporting and visualisation tools)
- MS Azure experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications.
Benefits and Rewards
When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Salary in the range of GBP40,000 - GBP60,000 depending on skill set and experience
- Annual bonus (up to 17.5%)
- Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy/sell holiday scheme
- Access to savings at High Street brands, travel and supermarkets
- GBP20 contribution to a monthly gym membership - subject to T&Cs
- Health and wellbeing plan - cashback for dentist, opticians, physio and more
- Unlimited access to Refer a Friend GBP500 bonus scheme
- Life Assurance cover of 4 x salary
- Employee discounts on a range of NFU Mutual insurance policies
Working at NFU Mutual
We're one of the UK's leading general insurance and financial services companies. For over 110 years we've put our customers at the heart of everything we do. Our people are just as important to us. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and are one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2022 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021.
We offer a supportive culture where we empower and inspire our people to perform, offer them opportunities to grow, and recognise and reward their contribution. Our people are proud to work for a company that respects them and their communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now and in the future.