Pricing Data Analyst
3 days left
Job Title: Pricing Data Analyst (Full-time, Part-time, Job-share)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: GBP33,000 DOE
Location: Bournemouth or Eastleigh
Closing Date for applications: 16th November 2022
Pricing Data Analyst: We have an exciting opportunity for a Pricing Data Analyst to join our Underwriting department in Bournemouth. Under the guidance of the Pricing Data Manager. You will develop, maintain, and improve the data platform for the purpose of Pricing analytics and will implement the positive integration of new Pricing information into the business.
As a Pricing Data Analyst, you will maintain and administer the flow of data into and out of the pricing will recommend changes that will improve the value of management information and analysis.
The Pricing Data Analyst will be an expert within their area of responsibility (e.g. Market Pricing, Underwriting, Fraud) and work with fellow Pricing Data Analysts to ensure best practices are followed.
Main Responsibilities as Pricing Data Analyst:
- Support Pricing teams by developing data streams into pricing specific data and information within Ageas including maintaining current data flows.
- Administer current data into the pricing department and ensure the accuracy of the information that is produced to help manage the pricing process.
- Develop and maintain automated control reporting to identify changes in KPIs of the business and ensure any changes are highlighted accurately and effectively to the relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and administer proactive MI projections to assist key stakeholders monitor and report on any variances to forecast results.
- Monitor and report the performance of Ageas products to help identify and recommend opportunities to increase profit and/or volume and implement the change and controls to monitor the impact.
Skills and experience you need as Pricing Data Analyst
- At least one year's general insurance experience in a Pricing, Underwriting, MI or IT function.
- Excellent analysis skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret data and make recommendations
- Highly skilled in the use of a programming language, i.e., SQL, SAS, Python
- Capacity to undertake large data developments combining disparate data sources
- Ability to deal with and influence colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Capacity to learn new software tools for data manipulation
- Experience of using analytics to solve complex business problems.
- Ability to present statistical information to non-statistical audiences and senior management and to tailor information and deliver to specific target audiences
- Organised with the ability to manage and develop multiple scheduled tasks and successfully and accurately document undertaken processes
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Customer Service Consultant role:
At Ageas we offer a wide range of benefits to support you and your family inside and outside of work, which helped us achieve, Top Employer status in the UK.
- Flexible Working - Smart gives employees flexibility around location (as long as it's within the UK) and, for many of our roles, flexibility within the working day to manage other commitments, such as school drop offs etc. We also offer all our vacancies part-time/job-shares. We also offer a minimum of 31 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) and you can buy and sell days.
- Supporting your Health - Dental Insurance Health Cash Plan, Health Screening, Will Writing, Voluntary Critical Illness, Mental Health First Aiders, Well Being Activities - Yoga, Mindfulness.
- Supporting your Wealth - Annual Bonus Schemes, Annual Salary Reviews, Competitive Pension, Employee Savings, Employee Loans.
- Supporting you at Work - Well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
- Benefits for Them - Partner Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover
- Get some Tech - Deals on various gadgets including Wearables, Tablets and Laptops.
- Supporting you back to work - Return to work programme after maternity leave
We're one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK. Our people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over four million customers.
As an inclusive employer, we encourage anyone to apply. We're a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion and a Disability Confident Employer (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria). For more information please see Ageas Everyone.
Our aim is to have great people everywhere in our business and we're always looking for outstanding people to join us. To find out more about Ageas, see About Us.
Want to be part of a Winning Team? Come and join Ageas.