Head of Model Development and Analytics
Significant opportunity to lead the the modelling team in the high-growth organisation at the intersection of science, climate, risk, economics and technology.
The business has recently received Series A funding and is growing rapidly towards the next round of investment. They are developing a unique modelling and analytics platform to help international corporations assess their risks and opportunities presented by rising temperatures, climate-related policy, and emerging technologies in our changing world.
The Head of Model Development and Analytics will lead a high performing team of modellers taking an active part in guiding and directing the development of the next generation of models for the platform. They will be responsible for ensuring excellence in the quality of the analytics used by corporations to manage their climate change risk, incorporate it into their enterprise risk management processes, sustainability strategies, and net-zero decarbonization plans.
Reporting to the CEO, the role is part of the senior leadership team with collective responsibility for strategic issues of market fit, profitability, product roadmap, and customer satisfaction.
We are searching for a forward-thinking, creative and inspirational modeller with senior expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Economics of climate change risk and adaptation, particularly applications of statistical analysis, Beyesian probability, machine learning and artificial intelligence, interest in correlation and simulation of probabilistic outcomes.
- Corporate finance and macro-economic modelling, valuation and investment analytics, trading algorithms.
- Natural catastrophe modelling, with climate expertise and engineering applications into extreme tail risk analytics of low probability-high impact simulation, willing to adapt these techniques to economics and the financial performance of individual companies.
Experience running complex model and analytical development projects with a large team of analysts, data scientists and modelers would also be highly desirable.
This is a rare opportunity for an exceptional modeler to take a leadership role in this pioneering organisation on an exciting growth journey.
Competitive package including stock
IAC is committed to creating a diverse corporate governance profession and is proud to both be an equal opportunity employer and we are also proud to support our clients to be the same. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. IAC is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. IAC; at the Heart of Good Governance.
Internal Audit Connections Ltd (& IAC Search Ltd) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this role, you are consenting to our use of your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services. We protect your rights to access, rectify or remove your data in our Data Protection Policy 2018. If you wish to contact us in regards your data, please email us via our profile page by clicking on the IAC logo.
More searches like this
- Risk Management Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Cambridge
- Risk Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Cambridge
- Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Cambridge
- Data Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Cambridge
- ESG & Sustainability Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Cambridge