Threat Intelligence Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Threat Intelligence Analyst (internally known as Information Security Monitoring Consultant) to join our Information Security Risk Management function. You’ll work with the Threat Intelligence Lead to manage and respond to threat intelligence, and to maintain, monitor and respond to notifications from monitoring systems to monitor and improve the IT security of the organisation. You’ll join a likeminded and supportive team that work predominantly remotely with some occasional travel to our Bradford or Leeds offices.
About the role
As Threat Intelligence Analyst, you will collegiate the relationship with Risk SMEs, support the implementation of the Risk Framework, and improve the risk management capability across the division. In this role, you’ll have a brilliant opportunity to really affect change and make an impact. You will -
- Support the Security Operations Centre Lead, Threat Intelligence Lead and Senior Manager Information Security Risk Management in interactions with stakeholders including Directors, teams, Board, Chief Officers, GRC and Regulators
- Support Information Security Leads in the delivery of services
- Support the reporting of risk MI and responses to regulatory and third-party requests/ attestations
- Support the implementation of the Group’s Risk Appetite framework in relation to information security risks which help to set the parameters for decision making and governance reporting
- Maintain high levels of professional conduct, including: cooperative engagement in tasks set; using initiative to suggest improvements to the service provided; and clear and professional styles of communication
With some experience in a similar role, such as Threat Intelligence Analyst, Threat Protection, Security Operations Centre Consultant, you’ll have good stakeholder management skills, and the ability to manage difficult conversations and messages. You will have -
- A proven track record of handling and interpreting threat intelligence
- Experience in log analytics or Security Incident and Event Management tools
- In-depth knowledge of malware, forensics, IDS, WAF and VM
- Subject matter expertise in information security risk, cyber and IT security operations
- Ability to organise and manage security testing exercises
- Experience of providing robust responses to security incidents, including the identification, analysis and remediation of events
- Evidence of professional learning and development to build and maintain skills/ expertise, with in-depth general IT experience
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
- Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
- Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
- Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
- Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
- Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
- Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
- Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
- My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts.
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.
Want more information?
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Mike Peel.
Please note applications are reviewed frequently therefore this role may close prior to the advertised closing date.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Fund Management £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Technology Risk Fund Management £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Fund Management £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Fund Management £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Fund Management £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom