Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Business Area Overview:
Sitting within the heart of our Media and Entertainment division, Audiences is the home of viewer insights at ITV, and the single source of truth for content performance across our broadcast and on-demand businesses. Audience’s Content & Performance Analytics team is responsible for all official analytics solutions relating to delivery of M&E KPIs and the performance of ITV’s programmes. With stakeholders across the board, including commissioning, scheduling, marketing, commercial, strategy, Studios, finance and investor relations, our objective is to provide clients with operationalised data solutions and strategic insights that deliver value, now and in the future.
This role entails…
We are looking for a high-performing Analytics Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of data and analytics and a passion for both TV and VOD. This role will be pivotal in advancing the field of content analysis at ITV and transforming Audiences’ internal processes for a cloud-based future.
Reporting to the Senior Manager - Content & Performance Analytics, you will be fully embedded within our data roadmap, working with clients, analysts and data engineers to manage the accuracy, delivery and ongoing maintenance of performance datasets across both our Broadcast and Streaming businesses, providing a single source of truth to the Media & Entertainment division. With strong coding skills, experience writing complex pipelines, the ability to create valuable self-serve products and proven experience working in an agile scrum-based environment, you will be the backbone to our data processes, applying engineering best practices to analytics code wherever possible and documenting everything along the way.
- Scoping new requirements with clients and working with the relevant parties to plan and deliver new initiatives
- Creating and maintaining complex analytics pipelines using ETL tools such as Matillion or orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow to model accurate, well-maintained datasets for reporting and analysis across both our Broadcast and Streaming businesses
- Ensuring data quality, data security, data governance and wider Analytics Engineering standards remain high
- Working with colleagues across Audiences to deliver best-in-class measurement and metrics across all ITV platforms and data-sets
- Leading the delivery of automated M&E KPI reporting using data visualisation tools
- Building automated solutions for regular reporting and insight decks
- Managing the team’s engineering backlog on Trello, ensuring that new developments are delivered in a timely manner
- Providing and maintaining clear documentation for Audiences’ data project in Confluence
- Act as a consultant on data and data sources, explaining methodologies and concepts in an easy to understand way for data literate colleagues and stakeholders less comfortable with data
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum Role Criteria:
- A love and knowledge of, and interest in, television and TV programmes. You will require a good understanding of the TV market: both the broader industry but also programmes – and what makes good TV (whether linear or VoD)
- Skilled in Data Warehousing and Data Modelling using Cloud platforms such as Redshift, Big Query, or Snowflake
- Highly proficient in SQL and Python
- Extensive experience using ETL products such as Matillion to manage and automate data pipelines
- A background in data visualisation and dashboard development using tools such as Tableau, Data Studio or Looker
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you have a disability, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage*. (minimum criteria above)
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- Genuine enthusiasm to learn new skills and evolve the field of TV content analysis
- An understanding of TV measurement across both 1st party VOD data and 3rd party measurement such as BARB
- An open, collaborative approach to working with colleagues from different disciplines, sharing knowledge, insight and best practice
- Brilliant communication skills (verbal, written and presentational) – the ability to present and explain complex information in simple terms for non-specialists
- Close attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
- Exposure to BARB session-level panellist data would be desirable
- Experience in training and upskilling colleagues in SQL and data visualisation
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything.
Find out more about our benefits via the 'apply' button.
Closing date: 4th October 2022
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.
More searches like this
- Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Engineering Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom