LV= are recruiting for an Auditor to join its well respected Internal Audit Department, which enjoys a prominent position within the organisation, and which has direct access to LV Board Members and Executives. You’ll be given real responsibility for delivering audits end to end, from planning to reporting, and will be supported by more experienced Audit colleagues throughout the process. This role allows you excellent insights into the different LV products and processes, as well as giving you a platform to further develop and demonstrate your skills and capabilities. In Internal Audit, we believe in developing our staff and constantly review our annual training programme. This is a permanent position.
You will play an important part in developing and improving the way that the Audit team works, by being involved in one or more practice improvement initiatives, and/or through your involvement in various Audit Bau processes. This allows for a good mix and variety in the role, as well as real responsibility and high visibility. Unlike audit roles in larger organisations, there is a good work/life balance in LV Internal Audit, with ample time for audit delivery and personal development. This is reflected by the high satisfaction scores in the most recent LV employee survey.
The team continuously challenges itself to improve its ways of working, and has a good mix of seasoned senior audit/accounting staff from global organisations, as well as staff from non-audit/accounting backgrounds, all supporting each other to deliver high quality outputs, which underpin the team’s strong reputation.
Being part of a team of a small team will give you first-hand exposure to the Internal Audit Director and to senior management in LV. You will experience the excellent collaboration between the Audit department and its business stakeholders, and also with its co-sourcing partner. The Audit team champions a culture of inclusivity and diversity, where everyone’s ideas are respected and considered. There is a good track record of the Audit department taking a leading role on LV-wide diversity and inclusivity groups. We operate as a cohesive team, and whilst we support flexible working arrangements, the Audit team meets up on a monthly basis in the picturesque seaside town of Bournemouth.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Internal Audit experience-ideally, good understanding of internal audit best practice, including risk based audit techniques.
- Able to assess risks and internal controls, including the relative strengths of the different types of controls, and make value-add suggestions for improvement.
- Analytic skills; able to analyse large amounts of data and establish root causes for control failures
- Able to work with minimal supervision; good personal organisational and planning skills
- Excellent personal motivation and a “can do” attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative style which brings out the best of colleagues and business stakeholders; ability to use business relationships to persuade and influence.
This role could be suited to an individual with a background in risk, assurance, compliance or Q
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working within the Financial Services industry is desirable, especially within the Life & Pensions or General Insurance sector, but if you have worked in a highly regulated environment we will consider this experience.
- Good understanding of risks and controls concerned with IT, data or digitalisation is desirable.
- Qualification in ACA, ACCA, CIMA, IIA is preferred, or coming to the end of the qualification.
Rewards and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- A competitive pension for which LV= Life and Pensions will double match the amount you pay, up to 14%
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- You’ll receive up to 20% discount on our life products for you and your immediate family.
At LV= Life & Pensions you’ll find we thrive on the benefit of everyone’s differences. Whoever you are, whatever you are and in whatever way you identify, you’re welcome here. We’ll make reasonable adjustments to specific needs to make sure your individual requirements are accommodated as far as possible. Being totally committed to equal opportunities opens up massive benefits, not just to our organisation and people but also to our members and our products. We’re proud of our people, we only recruit and promote on merit.
Go on, bring your true self to LV=.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Insurance £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Auditor Insurance £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Insurance £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Insurance £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Insurance £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom