Data Architect Lead
Location: Hybrid working with a min of 2 day in office - Durrington, West Sussex
It’s an exciting time to join us!
Big ambitions. Big investment. Big changes. We’ve a lot to offer IT, analytics, and project management professionals. We’ve already grown tenfold in the past couple of years. Now we’re beginning a £106 million transformation programme – and we can’t wait for what comes next, as part of an evolution so huge it’ll change the way we do things forever. There’s a buzz across our business. And IT, analytics and projects are at the heart of it all.
There aren’t many teams who can say their work is critical to the nation. But it’s something we take huge pride in. And it’s why we’re migrating to leading technology, upgrading networks, replacing vital infrastructure… and more. Helping us shape an IT, analytics and project function that’s fit for the future, you’ll need an appetite for change and bags of ideas. Our people walk the talk too – driven by a passion to improve our communities and environment.
Overview of your role:
Data is the heart of decision-making process to drive the performance of a department, directorate, and Southern Water as a whole. This purpose of this role is to preserve and ensure that data is integrated, trusted, delivered effectively. Data Architect Lead is responsible for the overall design of the enterprise information architecture, across multiple data types (structured, semi-structured and unstructured), balancing the need for access against security and performance requirements. Understanding, managing, and driving improvements in those areas. Managing a team of architects / contract architects and data architecture structure. Overseeing and managing the strategies and implementations from Data Architects.
Responsibilities will include:
- To take a significant role leading, managing, and coaching other team members.
- Ensure a focus on information/data quality by developing and publishing enterprise data standards such as a common business vocabulary, naming conventions, data standards, transformation rules and related enterprise consistency specifications.
- Facilitate consistent business analysis, information acquisition analysis and design, data access analysis and design, archiving and recovery strategies, security, and change management at the enterprise level.
- Construct, refine and maintain information models, as needed, to meet business requirements.
- Develop a model management strategy in support of enterprise reuse and data-sharing objectives.
- Establish guidelines for reporting procedures on the reuse of enterprise information architecture artifacts.
- Implement and drive through strategy
- Monitor regulatory guidelines (such as consumer privacy issues) to determine impact on enterprise information architecture.
- Monitor compliance and related guidance (such as data retention and audit requirements) to determine impact on enterprise information architecture
Understand the needs and practises of enterprise data models, governance, and data management frameworks. You will come from any regulated industry with some Enterprise Architecture background. Have knowledge and experience in EA frameworks. Have more than 10 years’ experience in IT and at least 5 years in a leadership role. Previous experience of overseeing transformation programs from start to finish and delivering change, is mandatory for this role.
You will be a leader who leads from the front. We are looking for someone who is pragmatic, self-starter, structured way of looking at details, have an element of gravitas to shape and influence changes.
Your benefits will include:
- Company and performance-related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Life assurance payment equal to four times your annual salary
- Health benefits through a Cash Plan
- Free onsite carpark
- Canteen onsite
- Two paid community volunteering days a year
- 25 days annual holiday
- Occupational health service
- Perkbox benefits offering discounts and savings on several products and experiences
- Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
- We offer competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? Whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not engage with us and find out more about this role?
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, because delivering water for life is our core purpose. To achieve this, we need 24/7 support in place to resolve incidents quickly and efficiently. All our employees understand the importance of out-of-hours incident support – because when problems appear, fixing them is our top priority. That’s why our people join together and support when and however needed to make sure our customers get the service they deserve. Joining the Southern Water family means you’ll become part of our incident support team. During your interview, your manager will speak to you about any incident support rotas that apply to your position.
Please note that internally this role will be known as 9384BR * Data Architect Lead* at Southern Water
Please note: If you are an existing Southern Water employee, you will need to confirm within your application that your manager is aware of your application.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g., a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI) and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), will be required as part of the recruitment process. If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered
More searches like this
- Compliance Scientific £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Scientific £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Scientific £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Scientific £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Scientific £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom