At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us, and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
Are you interested in data and how it is used to improve Customer Experience and protect against fraud? Or perhaps you are already a Data Analyst looking for your next opportunity, or to join the future of data sharing across government.
HMRC Customer Insights Platform (CIP) team already provide a range of data analysis tools which enable our Customers to make sense of the audit event data we hold, interpret customer interactions, and provide risk responses.
Within CIP's analysis team, you would join our team of user support experts, on the front line, helping customers access and use of our suite of data analytics tooling such as Digital Persona, Superset, Splunk and Google Analytics to directly help improve customer experience as well as prevent fraud.
As a CIP team member, you will use agile methodologies, adapt quickly to changing demands and help enable the team to deliver collective outcomes.
We will provide you with the tools, support, and expertise to analyse, interpret and understand data in order to improve service and performance.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join the future of data sharing across government.
What will the successful candidate be doing?
To be successful in the role you will:
- Work alongside other Data Analysts to resolve issues and requests for support from users of CIP's portfolio of data products.
- Set up new user accounts for applications such as Superset and Splunk.
- Coach users in search creation.
- Ensure essential appropriate security clearance is implemented.
- Comfortable working with remote teams and displays collaborative team working approach.
- Strong focus on customer service, where working with customers in a technical environment, results in positive outcomes.
- Ability to make key decisions, using own initiative.
- Comfortable communicating with users at a variety of levels.
- Capable of maintaining guidance on Confluence and/or SharePoint.
- Self-organisation, management, and planning of own work within the team's backlog.
- The ability to engage with business users in a clear and logical manner would also be advantageous since, as your experience builds, you will be expected to review business requirements, contribute to technical requirements, and provide assurances on delivery.
- Proven track record on the use of SQL, Splunk and/or Google Analytics tooling.
- Experience developing service dashboards, writing ad-hoc queries, and improving them based on feedback.
- Communicating complex information in a manner that is understandable and in the most appropriate format.
- Can make complex methodologies look and sound simple.
• Occasional travel with overnight stays within the UK may be required.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Wednesday 17th August 2022