Lead Data Solutions Analyst - UK Remote
We give you a world of potential
You’ll get to work with a great team who have a real respect for each other and the work that they do. Do you want to learn new technologies that you haven’t work with before? Of course, you can. We will always support and encourage our people to develop their skills, and we will invest in education.
Sound like the type of role you’re looking for? Great, have a read below to see what you’ll be doing.
A role you will love
The general duties of the Lead Data Solutions Analyst are to act as a mentor to other Data Migration & Integration staff and has the overall task to develop and support the systems that ensure the business meets the needs of CGS clients, internally and externally, by following the prescribed standards as determined by the different technical groups. This role is also responsible to conceive, design and develop reusable tools, applications and APIs to facilitate the migration and integration of data into Computershare applications. Additionally, this role provides data related application support through custom code and serves as an escalation point for support of internally developed applications.
Incumbent supervises the on-going activities of the Data Solutions group for EMEA and is part of a team providing development and data migration services for all Computershare Governance Services products on a variety of platforms. They would also provide product knowledge and experience in the related fields.
They are responsible for providing exceptional customer service, technical support for the business group, and products, troubleshooting, triage, and management of the incident lifecycle. He/she will provide expert and in-depth knowledge within subject matter specialties.
- Supervision of EMEA Data Solutions team including resource scheduling for projects. Supervises all aspects of assigned personnel, including performance, discipline and grievance.
- Perform needs analysis to determine data related tools that would most benefit Computershare applications.
- Assists in the mitigation of risk to the organization by ensuring systems availability and compliance while limiting operational productivity loss. Ensures that minimum staff coverage is maintained for assigned support functions.
- Ensures contingency planning and recovery services meet SLA requirements.
- Reports departmental performance to management.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements improvements to existing activities.
- Provides escalation point for conversion and data related projects, including attending issue review meetings.
- Training of junior staff, responsible for knowledge progression.
- Design and delivery of reusable code/tools to migrate data.
- Configuration of API based interfacing with external products to Computershare applications.
- Client facing and internal team requirements gathering.
- Responsible for the change control, maintenance, configuration, monitoring and capacity planning of specific application set.
- Ensure deliverables are completed in a timely fashion.
- Perform unit testing on code and assist with system and UAT testing.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Creation and maintenance of system process documentation.
- Supporting the Product Development, Project Management, Implementation and Client Services teams.
- Providing second level technical support including issue analysis and troubleshooting.
- Ensuring customer expectations are exceeded.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
What will you bring to the role?
This is a truly collaborative environment, so the passion to work closely with colleagues to embrace and share idea’s will be paramount. You will be working with stakeholders across the wider business, so great communication with the ability to build effective working relationships will be key.
We are always looking to innovate, so you will be a curios individual who is keen to investigate new ways of working and grasp new concepts.
Education, Training & Certification(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience / trade certifications.
- Have effective communication and Leadership skills.
- Knowledge of programming fundamentals, languages, and frameworks: C# .NET, T-SQL, ASP.NET, XML, JSON, Mobile device development.
- Knowledge and understanding of application SDLC and SQL development best practices.
- Knowledge of project management methodology helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Intermediate knowledge with Database Administration.
- Basic technical experience with server and network environments.
- Strong ability to interact with others in a team environment.
- Ability to provide accurate work time estimates.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- A high level of professionalism and client-facing skills, together with the ability to work independently in the field interpreting specific requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication required.
- IT Supervisory Experience.
- 3+ years of progressive experience programming for Data related projects.
- Experience in a SaaS based support and service environment
- Experience in creation and maintenance of stored procedures, views and triggers.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and newer.
- Experience with installing software on IIS (version 7, 7.5, 8.x).
- Familiar with change control methodology and experience working within a controlled environment.
- Experience in data modelling, transformation and automation.
- Experience maintaining technical documentation.
- Experience in a Professional Services organization with working knowledge of customer service methodologies.
Physical Skill and Effort & Working Conditions
- The position requires minimal physical exertion, with a large percentage of time spent sitting at a desk, with ample opportunity to move around.
- Flexible with working time as some jobs occasionally have to be performed outside normal working hours.
- The position may require intermittent periods of concentration in reading and analyzing a variety of (internal/external) documents and preparing related reports.
- There is the requirement to work to and successfully meet externally and internally imposed deadlines and sometimes deal with conflicting demands or changing priorities.
- Physical skills required to perform the job are generally easy muscular movements, with a moderate to high amount of PC work.
- May spend moderate time answering telephone calls or on the phone.
- There is minimal risk of injury to the incumbent.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
This is a great opportunity within a team that has extensive opportunities to learn and grow!
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today!
A company to be proud of
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a world leader in financial administration with over 12,000 employees across 21 different countries delivering expertise to over 25,000 clients. At Computershare, it’s more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere. #worldofpotential
Rewards designed for you
Employee Share Plan. Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you’ll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares.
Health and Wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
Paid time away from work. Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
Employee Discounts. We’ve partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.
A diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your application journey. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please email us detailing your requirements and contact information.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We’ve kept our business running during the pandemic by moving most of our employees to remote working, and by creating and maintaining a safe environment for those people who need to be in the office. We carefully limit the amount of people at our locations and ensure that those who cannot work remotely are kept safe with proper distancing and protective equipment.
In most circumstances we are currently performing all interviews, assessments, and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.
More searches like this
- Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Science Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom