Note that this recruitment is designated as a Career Ladder recruitment, which means the hiring department can recruit and fill this role at different levels within the position classification series. Therefore, this recruitment is currently posted as Auditor (recruitment ID# 25226436) and Associate Auditor (recruitment ID# 25226671). Applicants are encouraged to review both positions to determine the best match for their skills. All applicants will be assessed based on the minimum requirements for the recruitment for which they applied.
This position performs audits, investigations and advisory services that encompass financial, compliance, functional and operational reviews of complex and diverse areas as a service to management in accordance with professional auditing standards, including those in specialized areas as health sciences. Audit scope encompasses risks that cross organizational lines and involve complex technology associated with the use of financial, health sciences, research and information resources.
- Makes recommendations concerning the effectiveness and efficiency of activities audited and the adequacy of existing controls.
- Composes and present reports to auditee management which include audit observations and recommended changes.
- Conducts the most complex audits including those in specialized areas such as health sciences and assists management in developing applicable policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Provides advisory services to unit and executive campus management.
- Performs various limited scope examinations such as surveys, limited scope reviews and consultations.
- Performs data analytic procedures using general audit software (i.e. Microsoft Excel and TeamMate Data Analytics).
- Participates in assigned workgroups and committees and other business process re-engineering projects.
- Conduct any other assigned projects.
- Plans and conducts investigations of allegations of improper governmental activities and communicates results of investigative work.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. For new University of California employees, the applicable deadline is eight weeks after their first date of employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs and/or leads audit projects of substantial complexity and/or scope. Involves preliminary survey and risk assessment activities and designs audit programs to accomplish review objectives.
- Plans, conducts, and communicates results of fieldwork. Prepares communications and reports for the highest level of campus management, UCOP management, and the Regents. Meets with operating personnel to verify facts and to obtain explanations for any apparent deficiencies. Evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of activities audited and the adequacy of existing controls; recommended measures to correct deficiencies, improve operational effectiveness and efficiency, and institute or upgrade systems of control. Assists management in developing applicable policies, procedures, and internal controls. Appraises corrective action taken by auditees on audit observations. Performs follow-up procedures on audit recommendations not implemented. Prepares status information for the campus audit committee.
- Conducts testing based on approved audit programs of the broadest scope and complexity, which may include tests of the financial and operating system processes, to identify internal control weaknesses and audit issues.
- May conduct investigations and assist with evaluation of allegations of improper government acts. Following full scope of investigation, recommends whether an allegation is substantiated. Follows up on management corrective actions to ensure completion.
- Performs various limited scope examinations (including defalcation investigations, surveys, reviews, and consultations). Performs various aspects of pre-installation system consultation and review.
- Develops formal written reports to communicate audit results, and makes recommendations as appropriate. Presents results to senior leadership, as appropriate.
- Prepares reports, including the most complex, which include audit steps followed and summarizes factual supporting data. Composes reports to auditee management which present audit observations.
- Coordinates external agency information requests and site visits; analyzes documentation to identify potential risks areas, facilitates review of external audit reports and findings, including management response.
- As requested, coordinates with UCR's primary external audit coordinator to respond to external audits and/or site visits.
- May independently manage specialized audit programs such as IT systems audits or investigations.
- May be responsible for information technology auditing and/or advisory services including evaluation of general and security controls at the network, operating system, application, and/or data layers.
- Serves as a lead in knowledge sharing and collaborating with other UC campus' audit capabilities in applicable areas of specialized expertise. Develops relationships with key leaders in operations, technology, and finance. Serves as subject matter expert in assigned workgroups and committees, especially those related to business process re-engineering projects and committee work.
- Prepares and presents professional quality training classes to all levels, including the most complex subjects. Engages in various self and professional development activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. – Required
- 6 - 10 years of related experience. – Required
- Experience in conducting internal financial, operational, functional and compliance audits in accordance with IIA and UC standards. – Required
- Substantial and progressive experience performing audits, advisory services and investigations. – Required
- Experience in performing data analytics. Experience with automated TeamMate working papers. – Preferred
- Experience in performing Investigations.– Preferred
Qualified and interested individuals should apply via the 'Apply' button.
More searches like this
- Advisory Scientific $120,000 - $139,999 jobs in North America
- Business / Corporate Auditor Scientific $120,000 - $139,999 jobs in North America
- Internal Auditor Scientific $120,000 - $139,999 jobs in North America
- Analytics Scientific $120,000 - $139,999 jobs in North America
- Data Analytics Scientific $120,000 - $139,999 jobs in North America