Lead Data Engineer
Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
At ITV, we’re well on our way to becoming a digital first business. We’re transforming the way we work so that tech is at the heart of everything we do. It’s what our More Than TV strategy is all about. And none of it would be possible without our data - and the people behind it.
Business Area Overview:
Our data team is responsible for helping us realise the value of data. That could mean anything from upskilling and training our people, to increasing our revenue through experimentation and personalisation. The list is truly endless.
Our Innovation strand consists of Data Scientists, Operational Researchers and Behavioural Scientists. As a mix of number crunchers and behavioural experts, they put their curiosity to work in influencing the business.
As we enter the fourth industrial revolution, anyone who joins the team will have the opportunity to work on genuinely ground-breaking innovations so that we can continue to blend science into a creative business.
This role entails…
Sitting in the data innovation function, we have an opportunity for a Lead Data Engineer to join our data engineering team and be instrumental in delivering our data strategy. You will be part of a cross functional team and work on domain specific data products in collaboration with business stakeholders, data strategists and data scientists.
- Building highly scalable data pipelines leveraging our data platform for both batch and streaming data
- Processing large amounts of data using spark to ensure data are readily available for machine learning models, analytics and business intelligence
- Collaborating with a cross functional team including data strategist, data scientists and business stakeholders
- Optimising and maintaining existing data pipelines to improve performance, data quality and increasing business impact
- Communicating complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts
- Prototype new approaches and productionise solutions at scale for our millions of active users
- Work closely with backend engineer to create source aligned data products in line with business requirements and engineering best practices
- Hire, coach and develop a team of data engineers
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Proven experience designing and implementing data pipelines leveraging spark, kafka, SQS
- Strong experience with Spark (scala or pyspark)
- Ability to write production-grade python and / or scala code
- Experience standardising ETL pipelines
- Experience deploying code using jenkins as CI/CD
- Good knowledge of AWS data services
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader, we have committed to interview all candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role. (minimum criteria above)
- Passion for learning new skills and staying up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Experience line managing a team of Data Engineers
- Be a team player in our collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Bonus: experience with databricks
What we can offer:
We offer a competitive salary and 5 weeks’ holiday on top of public holidays, plus the option to buy more. Other benefits include annual bonus plan, life assurance cover, and interest-free season-ticket loans, an opportunity to buy ITV shares, and the chance to join pension, health insurance, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work schemes.
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working, and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance.
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything by clicking the ‘apply’ button.
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications
More searches like this
- Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Data Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Business Intelligence Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Data Science Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Data Engineering Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)