At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
HMRC has one of the largest IT estates ranging from data analytics platforms to complex legacy systems. The breadth, variety and complexity of these systems and business processes they support are on a scale rarely seen in other global organisations. We are responsible for the end to end delivery of all IT projects across HMRC.
This is a unique opportunity for a Business Analyst to work on a variety of exciting HMRC programmes and projects within our automation delivery centre. This position will play a key role in delivering robotic process automation that will enhance HMRC's change program as we implement our Intelligent Automation programme.
As an BA you will:
- Build highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Work collaboratively with scrum team members to deliver digital deliveries.
- Fully engage and contribute in agile ceremonies (e.g. sprint planning sessions, daily stand ups and retrospectives).
- Take ownership and be accountable for sprint tasks.
- Produce user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Consistently produce work of a good quality, to sprint plan deadlines.
- Flag risks or blockers in advance and voice concerns but offer solutions.
- Work with the Delivery Manager, scrum team and stakeholders to refine the services in light of external factors such as changes to policy, legislation, technology or user requirements.
- Seek continual improvement opportunities within own and other scrum teams.
- Motivate self and others to do a good job, building a strong team ethos.
- Engage with the Business Analyst Community of Practice and share knowledge and best practice.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
- Work with Stakeholders to understand and communicate effectively to the business and wider team.
- Attend Agile ceremonies with team and stakeholders.
- Proven experience in identifying/elicitation/analysing of all business requirements/user needs.
- Proven experience of writing requirements/user stories including acceptance criteria using an iterative approach to add, remove change and translate throughout the project lifecycle.
- Proven experience of process modelling - Using tools and techniques to represent situations, aid communication and understanding of different scenarios e.g as-is and to be processes maps/user journeys.
- Experience and understanding of testing using appropriate testing tools and techniques to test the service aligning with agreed process standards to ensure the quality of the product is robust and fit for purpose to the end user.
- Proven experience of Stakeholder relationship management - identify, manage and monitor relationships with stakeholders, communicate with stakeholders through consultation and consideration of impacts.
- Experience of robotic process automation.
- Diploma in Business Analysis ( working towards) or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Friday 28th January 2022