Operations Analyst (Tier 2)
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
HMRC is one of the largest organisations in the UK and the biggest digital operation in Government. Our digital business runs the IT behind tax and benefits services for 45 million individual and 5 million business customers.
HMRC is the UK's tax payments and customs authority. We have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for our public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
We're making HMRC services and information simpler, clearer and faster for individuals and businesses.
We are undergoing a major transformation program, which includes a £200 million investment in digitalisation, so customers can do more for themselves online and in real time, on computers, tablets and smartphones, bringing HMRC bang up to date, in line with banks and other large customer operations.
You will be working in a brand new, purpose-built office in Leeds city centre. The office has been designed to provide a mix of different multi-functional shared spaces to support flexible and smarter working. The office is close to shopping, vibrant social centres and the rail network.
Digital Operations Analysts provide help and support to customers who are having difficulties using our digital services and also proactively look for ways to improve the digital services we provide. Analysts:
- Provide input to and contribute to the successful delivery of the team business plan.
- Are accountable for delivering against the Service Support team targets.
- Are accountable for providing suitable and adequate customer support for all new digital services
- Provide clear and accurate advice and solutions to customer incidents.
- Work with our IT partners & Digital Service Mangers to identify workarounds and solutions to achieve the best outcome for customers and cost effective solutions for HMRC.
- Identify incident trends and escalate for investigation and problem resolution.
- Publish and review guidance for the Online Service Helpdesks to enable them to resolve customer queries.
- Promote creative ways to solve incidents, provide solutions and ensure continuous digital improvement.
- Assist with the effective handling of complaints.
- Work with the wider team to set priorities and manage work to meet the needs of the customer and the business
- Work towards and actively contribute to the targets for the team.
- Identify and promote continuous service improvements ensuring that it is at the heart of everything we do.
This is a non-managerial role.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Is an excellent team player with sound analytical skills and good judgement, who can communicate effectively with colleagues both verbally and electronically.
- Is able to provide direction to others, work on own initiative and complete tasks accurately and to timescales.
- Can establish and maintain stakeholder relationships from a variety of backgrounds.
- Is confident in sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Is self-motivated to act to achieve a goal and confident in using their own initiative to take forward actions.
- Conducts investigations of operational problems, makes proposals for improvement.
- Takes charge of situations, people and decisions and communicates confidently giving clear direction.
- Can adapt to variations in work load or environment and is flexible and versatile.
- Takes ownership of, and is accountable for, delivery of tasks.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Thursday 27th January 2022