IT Service Management - Network Analyst
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers.
This role sits within CDIO / Networks Services, which forms part of Enterprise Platform Services. Networks Services is made up of; Architecture & Design Engineering, Live Services, Performance & Tooling, Service Management and Performance, Portfolio and Enabling Services.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Customer Experience / Service Management Team within CDIO Networks Services.
The Team are responsible for the full Service Management of core HMRC infrastructure including Wide Area Network, Legacy Data Centre, connectivity to Crown Hosting Data Centres, Office Local Area Network Infrastructure (including Wi-fi) and Office Cabling
The primary duties for this role will be to provide support and analysis to support the Service Owner(s) / Network Towers i.e. Wide Area Network (WAN) / Local Area Network Infrastructure (LAN) / Data Centre and Tooling & Security.
The analyst will provide support across the full IT Life Cycle including IT Service Management, financial & commercial analysis, forecasting and tracking. In addition support for Networks procurement activities with specific responsibility for, Network Asset tracking and Management and the day to day management of the Departments small cabling works contract.
Duties will also include, but are not limited to:
- Close collaboration with Network Portfolio Team, internal Network PM's and wider Project's and Programmes for all aspects of change that impacts the various Network Service Towers.
- Assisting with Commercial engagement that underpin the services, including the ability to contribute to procurement and tender evaluations including the negotiation of KPI's, Service Levels and service credit regimes.
- Leading on the day to day activities that underpin the Department's contract with its 3rd party cabling providers, including allocation and prioritisation of work requests, financial tracking, budget forecasting and all aspects of financial reporting.
- Supplier Management activities (e.g. HP Aruba, Fortinet, Cisco, Computacentre) - collating and analysing data to ensure and evaluate if suppliers are performing as per the organisational requirements, delivering value for money and identify areas of improvement, engaging with suppliers throughout their lifecycle.
- Assist the Service Owners ensuring all aspects of Service Management across the full life cycle is undertaken for all services, including: Problem Management, Continual Service Improvement, Service Transition, Risk & Issue Management, working closely with colleagues in RCDTS (Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services).
- Assist with the management of the Networks financial service line (multi £m budget), working with the individual budget holders, Finance Teams to ensure the costs are forecasted, tracked & managed, providing reporting and trending reports.
- Proactively building, managing & maintaining effective working relationships with both internal/external stakeholders and 3rd Party Suppliers and Other Government Departments.
- Line Management responsibility for support staff within the Team
- Close collaboration and relationship management with Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS).
- Demonstrable experience in the providing IT Support and analysis in a Service Management / IT Project / Programme Environment.
- Analysis of financial and commercial data in a large scale infrastructure / Service environment with a diverse customer base. The ability to work effectively and maintain a high standard of delivery whilst under pressure, with the ability to challenge and remove any unnecessary barriers.
- Excellent Communications and stakeholder engagement and management skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels within the organisation and the ability to discuss and communicate complex IT requirements and issues simply and clearly.
- The ability to maintain excellent relationships through times of challenging interaction and ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Ability to build and maintain positive business relationships with a wide range of people, including internal customers, suppliers and business stakeholders. Highly articulate and credible at all levels, consistently delivering accurate reporting / dashboards.
- The ability to work in a flexible, fast changing environment, working at pace and supporting other team colleagues.
- Strong team leadership and mentoring skills, with the ability to motivate, energise people, encourage self-management and collaborative working. Excellent communication, organisational and decision-making skills.
- Able to visualise, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts, and make disciplined decisions based on available information. Such skills include - demonstration of the ability to apply logical thinking, gathering and analysing information using comprehensive tools and techniques, the use of data to formulate both short term day to day and longer-term strategic plans, and the ability to identify and analyse options and assess feasibility and operational impact. Can absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to produce solutions.
- Confident user of MS Product set including Teams, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Hold SC clearance or will be required to obtain SC clearance prior to commencement of the role (take up of duty will be dependent on having SC clearance)
- Experience of ITIL, preferably qualified to at least Foundation level
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Daily Travel Assistance will be available for this role, provided the successful applicant is a current HMRC employee and meets the eligibility requirements outlined in the department's Daily Travel Assistance guidance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
New entrants will join on the minimum of the pay band.
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Thursday 20th January 2022