Role: Accounts Assistant
If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson.
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, created by the merger of Tilney and Smith & Williamson on 1 September 2020.
With £54.8 billion of assets under management (as of 30 June 2021), it ranks as the third largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the eighth largest professional services firm ranked by fee income. The Group currently operates through three principal brands: Tilney, Smith & Williamson, and online investment service Bestinvest. It has a network of 28 offices across the UK, as well as the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. Through its operating companies, the Group offers an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, and businesses.
What will you be doing?
Accurate processing of client's financial data and assistance with the preparation of management accounts and other outputs, within the timeframe agreed with the client or required by statute.
As an Accounts Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and input client transactions onto computerised ledger systems
- Reconciliation of sales and purchase ledgers
- Reconciliation of bank accounts on software
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns for review
- Preparation of quarterly VAT/EC Sales list returns from financial information supplied by client for review
- Assisting with the preparation of annual financial statements, including statutory accounts, partnership accounts and sole trader accounts for tax purposes
- Attending to client administration including engagement letters and billing processes
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Prior experience of computerised accounting packages would be advantageous but not essential
- Prior experience of working with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Results orientated to meet and exceed client expectations, with a key focus on delivering high quality work that consistently meets internal and/or external client deadlines
As a colleague here at Tilney, Smith & Williamson you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
For more information click the "apply" button to be redirected to the Tilney, Smith & Williamson careers page and submit your application.
Tilney Smith & Williamson's chosen purpose to "place the power of good advice into more hands" succinctly encapsulates the group's central mission of supporting both individuals and businesses to achieve their goals. In delivering its purpose, Tilney Smith & Williamson have set out three core values that it is committed to embedding in the culture of the business:
Personal - we treat you as an individual: We are a people business at heart and strive to deliver a friendly, inclusive, and personalised service to all of our clients, large and small.
Partnership - we go further together: We develop relationships that stand the test of time, spanning multiple generations. We partner across the full breadth of our expertise to create value for our clients, our company and society at large.
Performance - we strive for more: We are ambitious for our clients and for ourselves, so we aim to be a forward-thinking and innovative business that leads the way in the industry.
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.