Hedge Fund - Fixed Income Data Analytics
The fund trades across multiple asset classes and regions with this seat viewed as a significant contributor to its track record of performance to date and a catalyst for future alpha generation. Ultimately, this person is responsible for analysing fixed income data to support investment ideas and trading decisions.
Key duties will include but not limited to;
• Improving the accuracy and data available used by investment teams for investment decisions and alpha generation.
- Typical analysis including durations, spreads, yield curves and attribution.
• Write python that can be used in production systems.
• Using SQL and Excel in large data sets.
• Working with IT in designing and testing new applications.
• Managing the mastering of the data in systems such as IVP Analytics Master.
• Actively resolving any analytics data issues raised and investigating the root cause.
Given the engagement with Front Office, this team and in particular this role, has an excellent pathway to Investment with previous incumbents in this role moving into Assistant Portfolio Managers positions or Research.
- Strong Data analytics experience, ideally supporting front office.
- Excellent product coverage with particular focus in Fixed Income.
- Excellent coding skills, particularly Python and SQL.
- Strong market and investment knowledge, ideally CFA qualified.