Future Services Data Manager
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
Are you looking for an organisation that cares about the work-life balance of its workforce? An employer who offers structured personal development, progression opportunities and outstanding training? Well look no further!
Life moves fast at HMRC which is why we're the largest Landlord in Government! We're looking to recruit Property Specialists, Project Managers, Facilities Managers and Engineers along with candidates with expertise in a wide range of property related services that can work at pace in a fast paced and agile workplace.
Would you like to play a key role in supporting high-profile Estates led procurement activities and projects, impacting across HMRC and the wider Government? Are you looking for an opportunity to gain valuable project management skills in an Estates environment, building commercial knowledge?
If so, we have a fantastic development opportunity for a data manager and we would love to hear from you.
As a data manager you will collate, assure and analyse information from various sources and subject matter experts, to inform senior management decision making and support procurement activity. ?As part of the role, you will work closely with a diverse range of stakeholders, suppliers and HMRC Customers Groups to support the development of new service requirements and contract specifications.
As our Future Services Data Manager, your role will be to:
- Work with HMRC Customer Groups and key stakeholders from across the Department to support the development of service requirements, gathering of data, and delivery of service improvements and value for money contracts.
- Provide support to Future Services Project Leads and Future Services Senior Leadership Team.
- Support the Project Lead in meeting customer needs using effective communication methods and project management tools.
As our Future Services Data Manager you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Stakeholder engagement: build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Project / Contract activity: management of contract pipeline activity to meet business requirements (BAU) and customer needs
- Optimisation of services: support in identifying, reviewing, and assuring provision to deliver changes, improvements and value for money
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Good customer focus
- Willingness to try new and innovative ways of working to improve the customer experience
- Ability to be proactive, working on a range of conflicting priorities supported by senior management.
While we work hard at HMRC we respect your work-life balance and offer flexible working conditions reflecting the best in the sector.
We offer you structured personal development, progression opportunities, and outstanding training.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Tuesday 18th January 2022