Who We Are:
The mission of American Public Media Group (APMG) is to enrich the mind and nourish the spirit, thereby enhancing the lives and expanding the perspectives of our audiences and assisting them in strengthening their communities. We aspire to be the leader in creating trusted and meaningful listening experiences with and for curious people, and we seek to create a diverse, inclusive culture focused on growth and outcomes to serve our audiences.
APMG's primary operating divisions Minnesota Public Radio, Southern California Public Radio and American Public Media offer multi-regional FM broadcast channels, website, mobile and social media channels, live events, national content creation and distribution. Together, these divisions operate 49 public radio stations and 42 translators serving regional audiences in eight states from Minnesota, Michigan and the Upper Midwest to Idaho and California; distribute a portfolio of more than twenty national programs reaching nearly 20MM listeners weekly through 1,000 radio stations; serve rapidly growing audiences on digital, social and mobile platforms; and produce an increasing and diverse array of podcasts featuring the best in food, culture, entertainment, mental health, water, early brain development, business and investigative journalism.
As part of the Audience Insights team at Minnesota Public Radio (MPR)/American Public Media’s (APM), the Digital Analyst will have the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the organization by providing insights and analytics on all digital properties across the organization. This position consults with and provides reporting, analysis, and actionable recommendations to a variety of departments, including but not limited to the Digital Content teams, Digital Product Development team, the Executive team, IT, Membership/Development, and Marketing.
Location: St. Paul, Los Angeles, Washington, New York or remote U.S.A.
Expected Compensation: $25.3341- $38.0216/hour. Exact hourly rate determined by experience and education related to the role, geographical location, organizational compensation structure and internal equity.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Perform the collection and analysis of digital metrics across an array of digital properties to help inform and guide business decisions.
- Track and measure performance metrics; evaluate effectiveness of digital initiatives, providing actionable insights and recommendations.
- Generate, maintain, and improve efficiency of existing reporting, identifying opportunities to automate existing reports and processes.
- Discover patterns, examine data, troubleshoot discrepancies, and develop new analyses to help the organization drive business results.
- Keep informed of the latest trends and benchmarks within the digital media industry and identify opportunities for growth.
- Work as a team to develop, apply, and maintain standard data and reporting practices to ensure accuracy and consistency across reports.
- Uncover patterns in data and translate into insights and clearly articulate to partner teams.
- Connect the dots between digital audience engagement and member engagement, identifying opportunities for revenue growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an information intensive or analytical field of study – including, but not limited to, Economics, Mathematics, Statistical Analysis, Business, Data Science, Marketing, etc.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Tableau or a similar data visualization and exploration tool.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret large amounts of data from disparate sources.
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Extensive knowledge of digital products and internet technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to synthesize and deliver insightful information.
- Knowledge and ability to adhere to standard principles and practices governing data information.
- Well-organized, with exceptional attention to detail & follow through.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- High degree of integrity, ethical decision-making & sound business judgment.
- Ability to learn new applications as required.
- Ability to work with many stakeholders, balancing priorities.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Background working professionally with digital media and with digital platforms (social, search, email).
- Knowledgeable on online trends, digital media and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of statistics and predictive modeling.
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment
- Required to move about in the community
- Reach with hands and arms
- Balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Required to lift standard audio equipment and computers up to 50 lbs.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.