Service Readiness Analyst
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers. Our digital programme is multi-award winning and the envy of other government organisations.
Our role sits within HMRC's Chief Digital & Information Group (CDIO) we're increasingly delivering in-house through our growing network of digital delivery centres - hi-tech, state-of-the-art facilities across the UK.
Valuation Office Agency Customer Group (VOA CG) provides digital services and IT support to the Valuation Office Agency (VOA): drawing on HMRC's digital expertise to ensure our customer (the VOA) gets the right level of service as well as building and supporting specialist, unique services.
There are some important attributes that we are looking for in anyone joining VOA CG. You must have a collaborative approach and a passion to communicate effectively. You will take accountability and ownership and have the ability to coach, mentor, reflect and to give and receive feedback. You will be flexible and adaptable, working with a sense of urgency and be passionate about having 'The Customer' at the heart of what you do.
A Service Readiness Analyst provide overall planning for service transitions and coordinate the required resources. In this role, you will be expected to control the product life cycle of all changes, enabling beneficial changes to be made with minimum disruption to IT services
You will test the products and are accountable for application acceptance and checking whether security criteria have been met. You will flag any potential risks and escalate these to the service transition manager.
- Deliver service transition workstreams and project activities following, completing and being compliant with overarching governance frameworks throughout the project delivery lifecycle
- Promote and encourage best practice approaches within the service transition team and wider VOA Customer Group
- Identify Continual Service improvements (CSI) for technology, people and process within the service transition team and its stakeholders
- As an effective communicator, giving and receiving constructive feedback, facilitating the feedback loop between all stakeholders
- Assisting teams to understand and identify problems, analysing and helping to identify the appropriate solution
- Ensuring that products, suppliers and vendors come together to transition new or changed services into the production environment
- Assist and represent the Service Transition Manager in all areas of transition activity as required, including making and managing escalations
- Able to plan and organise workload to meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of engaging and influencing both internal and external stakeholders
- Be an effective written and oral communicator
- ITIL Foundation V3 or ITL4 Certification
- Demonstrable experience of introducing new or changing services
- Good understanding of the Project Delivery Lifecycle
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process.
HMRC welcomes applications from those who need to work a more flexible arrangement and will agree to requests where possible, taking into account our operational and customer service needs. We can't guarantee that we can meet all requests to work flexibly, as agreement will be subject to business ability to accommodate, and any request to work a more flexible arrangement should be made prior to your acceptance of the provisional offer.
Applicants should note that the starting salary for those who are offered a position is the salary scale minimum (£33,080) for this grade.
For this role the department would not consider sponsoring a Certificate of Sponsorship/visa. Please note we are unable to offer advice on any Visa and Immigration cases.
When lockdown restrictions ease, some regular travel to our VOACG Strategic Locations of Worthing, Bristol, Edinburgh & Manchester alongside other VOA & HMRC sites will be required. Office visits could be for the day or require overnight stays depending on the demands of the business.
This will be on an ad-hoc basis to be defined by you in the role and agreed with your line manager.
- Flexible working options, season ticket loans and a great holiday package
- A Civil Service pension
- Professional development and training programmes and opportunities for continued development
- Being part of a supportive community - we are a diverse, cross-disciplinary team with varied backgrounds across the private, voluntary and public sectors
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Thursday 9th December 2021.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Change Management Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom