Locations: Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Croydon, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Nottingham, Stratford
Salary: National £40,175-£43,708 / London £43,432 - £47,243
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
HMRC is the UK's tax, payments and customs authority, and we have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
With one of the largest organisational change portfolios, this is an exciting time to join a new Transformation Directorate within Customer Compliance Group (CCG).
Within CCG Transformation, a significant part of our role is working with the wider HMRC programmes including Making Tax Digital and the Customer Engagement Programme as well as CCG-led programmes like Protect Connect to support the end-to-end change lifecycle of business critical systems from early design through to business readiness and embedding activity.
The role of the Business Analyst covers a diverse range of activities. You will be assigned to one of several programmes / projects within the CCG Transformation Portfolio, working as part of a highly skilled team to support the delivery of Portfolio objectives.
Your role as a Business Analyst is to understand and analyse both user and business needs. You will ensure outcomes are aligned with the vision and business strategy by contributing to the link between current and future operating models, delivering to the business architecture.
You will challenge constructively and act as a critical friend to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose and facilitate collaboration and lead effective communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user needs.
- Analysing and evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, collating and articulating high-level business needs before deconstructing into detailed business requirements and user stories.
- Leading cross-functional teams to establish the 'As Is' process to ensure a common understanding and baseline.
- Analysing data to recommend service improvements and facilitate informed decisions.
- Identifying opportunities to include fixes for defects or service improvements within analysis work.
- Developing business requirements and user stories during the discovery phase via a range of techniques including facilitating discovery workshops, interviews, document analysis, surveys, business process analysis, scenarios and workflow analysis.
- Identifying best processes or delivery methods to use, including measurement and evaluation of outcomes.
- Continually ensuring a shared understanding is established amongst the development team regarding the business requirement and how it is met by technical solutions. Ensuring that all relevant parties are aligned with strategic goals benefitting the user.
- Working with the business service designers/product managers to define the outcomes of the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories.
- Significant experience working as a business analyst within waterfall/agile/lean delivery environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills; able to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail; able to produce high quality analytical outputs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and knowledge of investigation techniques.
- Experience of running / facilitating effective workshops.
- Strong PowerPoint, Visio and presentation skills.
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
- Good understanding of, and ability to, design processes that comply with national and public sector standard.
- Experience of working on large-scale public sector projects / programmes.
- Experience of coordination of testing.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Tuesday 7th December 2021