Risk Analyst - Newcastle
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role
It's a very exciting time to join HMRC.
HMRC is the UK's tax, payments and customs authority, we have a vital purpose, and we collect the money that pays for public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
As part of Risk Intelligence Services (RIS) - Compliance Operational Insight & Risking (COIR) Production is an exciting and dynamic part of our compliance community, and we are looking for new O Analysts to join our team.
We are both business and people focussed, and you will be joining a robust team that has a strong reputation for working flexibly and embracing smarter working, making our business a phenomenal place to work as evidenced by our high People Survey results.
COIR delivers 650,000+ of risk led compliance cases to Customer Compliance Group (CCG) front line caseworkers every year using a wealth of analytical tools and data. Full training will be provided on how to use these tools and interpret the data to successfully identify risks.
Production is part of COIR and is responsible for taking Profiled data/populations, intelligence and other sources of data to develop cases for Compliance intervention.
Your role will play a key part in contributing to the delivery of HMRCs Compliance programmes and our Production Business Plans and you will have the opportunity to lead activities/pieces of work.
As an HMRC Operational Delivery Professional you will have access to support, tools, learning and qualifications (up to Diploma level) to help you turn your job into an exciting and rewarding career.
Our O Band analysts specialise in one or more tax areas - again full training will be provided. The role is based on gathering data and intelligence and evaluating and interpreting that information to develop cases within a team working environment.
Key functions include:
- Analysing and reviewing data from a wide range of sources to assist with decision making, carrying out more detailed checks and research if required
- Using guidance and Standard Operating Procedures to achieve a quality outcome
- Assessing data and information and producing detailed narratives, highlighting and summarising risks to non-compliance to deliver to our frontline CCG colleagues
- Contributing to the planning and evaluation of projects, undertaking test and learns to develop new and emerging projects
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders and colleagues to support Production Business Plan deliverables, giving you the opportunity to influence the way we work in Production.
We are looking to fill these roles with individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Good Excel and IT Skills
- The ability to use evidence and knowledge to support accurate decision making.
- The drive to be innovative.
- Passionate about finding new and efficient ways to do things by thinking creatively.
- Effective interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Resilience and flexibility and the ability to work individually and collaboratively at pace in an often-challenging environment.
- Shown themselves to be a team player and actively look to build constructive, positive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strives for quality outcomes and excellence, showing pride in their work.
- The ability to self-lead, forward-think and take ownership of your own workload.
The post holder will be expected to travel away from the office and undertake (occasional) overnight stays.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Public Sector £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Risk Public Sector £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Analytics Public Sector £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Data Analytics Public Sector £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Business Intelligence Public Sector £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne